MSFS Products

3.5k Topics 18.3k Posts

• 603 Topics
    3k Posts

Not one to check forums often, but I've been keeping an eye on this one for a few days now cause my Duke itch needs to be scratched. Totally understand that Black-Square wants to release these aircraft in the best working condition, but I too would definitely be interested in a sorta "early access" to flying it in its unfinished state. Here's hoping to no more delays to SU15.

• 601 Topics
    4k Posts

I am having major issues with the Arrow AP. I don't want its altitude hold feature active, I want to control the trim myself. I don't know if it's my logitech AP unit or what but the plane never seems to want to stop holding altitude. Because there is no switch just a clickspot, I can't tell whether altitude hold is supposed to be on or off, and my bindings for altitude and heading hold seem to do nothing in this plane. I'd like an option in the ipad to disable the clickspot and all the altitude features of the Arrows so they NEVER take control of trim, and the AP works as it would in real life, please. And ideally I'd like the "Heading Hold On" and "Heading Hold Off" bindings to work so I can use my switches instead of the mouse.

I think it might be my logitech AP unit interfering, so I will test with it unplugged, but it seems pot luck whether I can get the AP in the Arrow to release control of trim.

• 309 Topics
    2k Posts

@Mark Thanks for your reply. From that I gleaned that the AP disconnect is not a feature of the aircraft so perhaps something might be wrong on my end.

I did a long testflight during which I unplugged my yoke and throttle quadrant and that seemed to cure the AP disconnect. After reconnecting the AP disconnected again after a while.

I checked the yoke sensivity setting in MSFS and noticed there was a "reactivity" setting I have never touched before. It showed 100 so I changed that to 98, on a hunch that this might filter out these spikes.

I did a long test flight with this setting and did not have a AP disconnect. The funny thing is, when I set it back to 100 I also did not have these AP disconnects anymore.

When I later checked for spikes using VKB Joytester I noticed that the yoke was indeed sending spikes once in a while, very short bursts but off the scale.
    These did not lead to AP disconnects since I already touched the reactivity setting in MSFS.

Even after a very, very long flight the AP disconnect did not return except once when I changed GPS instruments on the tablet during a flight.

Perhaps the original value of the reactivity setting was not set properly in MSFS internally so setting it to 98 and then back to 100 reset something in MSFS.
    Sorry for the long reply but hopefully someone else with a similar issue might benefit from this.

• 184 Topics
    963 Posts

@trevor250

See this page - there is an email link to submit queries if you have bought products from elsewhere:

https://www.justflight.com/support

• 153 Topics
    632 Posts

@jaspar11 I have just tested this and I am seeing the tail plan position indicator move between +5 and -3 by triggering the elevator trim assignments, so that sounds like there may be some other controller conflict that may be preventing the trim from working correctly for you.

If you could kindly contact Just Flight support via the following link, they will be able to run through some troubleshooting steps with you to get you up and running: https://www.justflight.com/support

Mark - Just Flight

• 550 Topics
    3k Posts

I know this is something I've asked for in the past, and the cabin crew callout conditions are somewhere else on the forums, but are they supposed to work with the cargo variants, and do the pilot callouts need them in order to work?

I've started a few flights with the 146 over the last day or so. I see cabin announcements and auto cabin crew are greyed out in the aircraft options using the -300QT, but I don't believe I've gotten the pilot callouts during takeoff unless I've manually done the "cabin crew prepare for takeoff" from the tablet. Using the call button while taxiing on the ground doesn't do it, nor does doing it from the EFB end up flipping the placard on the center console to Cabin Secured for Takeoff, but I do get the "TMS set for takeoff" and takeoff roll callouts more consistently.

Are the cabin announcements necessary or am I missing a crucial step somewhere?

• 379 Topics
    3k Posts

Is there a way to delete the whole air company from all schedules at once? I can't find such option. So I have to open airport and delete flights one by one. Long and difficult.
    Thanks

• 255 Topics
    1k Posts

I am at ybmk airport, or makay airport in Australia, and I was was entering this flight plan: MUNAR1 MUNAR Y61 RUROX Y177 SMOKA SMOKA1A. Once I selected ybbn on the fpl page, I went to menu and selected arrive, but once I did that the whole uns just froze, nothing worked and I had to ditch the flight. also I cant select bae146 in the categories so I am putting it in the f28 area

• 93 Topics
    396 Posts

@NickW61 Thanks for letting us know. We've passed this info on to our support team so that they can quickly point users in the right direction if they run into this issue.

Mark - Just Flight

• 25 Topics
    92 Posts

Hello Peter, you can adjust turbulence in the sim (also if running FSRealistic with camera shake can really exaggerate). I agree on the comment regarding the gauges, they don’t seem to be as clear as some other aircraft such as the 310r in VR (Quest 3 + 4090)

• F15 Airbrake

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@Stwutter The bind you are looking for is "Spoiler". Best set up with an axis instead of a buttons, so "Spoiler Axis" is best. You have more control that way.

• How to vote?

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Got it. Thank you :)

• Stupid Installer question

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts

@Derek Ok thanks

• MSFS DC F-15C

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • F15 unusual steering problem

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@Smykel Ensure you set the Flight Model option to 'MODERN' in the MSFS Options (OPTIONS > GENERAL > FLIGHT MODEL). That will sort this issue for you.

• F-15 Autopilot Controls

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Thanks much for the quick feedback. I've since discovered your thread on the MSFS forums as well.

Thanks for having the open dialog with the player community. I did purposely wait until 1.0.1 prior to purchasing and these efforts have turned the tide on this aircraft.

Take pride in knowing the sonic boom scares me every time.

• F-15 persistence.cfg file?

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@DC1973

@DC1973 said in F-15 persistence.cfg file?:

@Hotzoner Hi, there doesn't seem to be a way at present. What you could do is create several different flightmodel.cfg files and enter the required weights into each, depending on what load-out you want, and then just swap the files for whichever one you need each time you fly. That's about the only way I can think of at the moment, hope this helps :)

Understood, I will give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion :)

• POV HAT MSFS 2020

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@DC1973 Thank You Sir!

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Grenadines serial

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Problem Cold Starting After Update

0 Votes
    4 Posts

@mccool318 Later next week, as the custom sound pack is almost ready so I will be able to release it together with all the updates and bug fixes, rather than have two updates within a few days of each other.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts

thanks for the qwik reply ...hopefully will have some content ...soon

• Paint Kit

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@Whisky_Tango_Foxtrot GIMP is free, and you can save the files in GIMP to PS format so you can then carry on as usual. I cannot compile and compress the GIMP files in PS format as it flattens all the layers, that's the only reason they're still in GIMP format. So, just open using GIMP, save to PS format, and you're good to go.

• Updates for F-15 for FS 2020

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@highland74 Yes of course, any future updates will be free, you'll receive an email advising you of the update and then you'll just need to redownload the aircraft from your Account.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts

Yes, those edits do allow changes in the loadout to become permanent, but most folks aren't familiar enough with the process to try it out. You've done good work! :)

The fuel tanks are coded to be visible when there is fuel aboard, but also have an "un-used" quantity of 10 gallons, so that when they run out of fuel they don't disappear off the wings in flight, which would be unrealistic. That's why you can't add them in the game after your edits

• F-15s Lighting issues

0 Votes
    2 Posts

Yes, lots of folks want the Eagles lights to match the real aircraft - it's actually red on the right and amber on the left in the real aircraft, which is actually opposite of what almost all other aircraft carry. I will be changing this for the next update to match the real F-15. The forward wing lights are both red on the F-15, again different to most commerical aircraft which carry a green on the right.

Panel light switch is on right hand side panel, near the cockpit wall, and is tagged.

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • F-15 on ramp

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@DC1973 Thanks for the reply! I never had luck with the starters. I'll give it some time and see what you come up with. Can't wait till it's all set, super fun plane to fly.

• F15 Incorrect Aileron Movement in Cockpit.

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@DC1973 said in F15 Incorrect Aileron Movement in Cockpit.:

Good catch!! On the list for the next update, thanks for the info :)

No worries. Thanks for the product :D