TBM 850

213 Topics 1.2k Posts
  • GPS MSG Indicators no longer work

0 Votes
    2 Posts

I don't see anything in my changelog about that. The message annunciators only currently work with the PMS50 GTN 750. I have asked for other GPS developers to implement this feature, but none have done so yet. Let me know if this fits what you are seeing.

• Autopilot After SIM Update 14

1 Votes
    149 Posts
    13k Views

Ok, first test of shutdown does preserve config thanks. Also I tried another approach to plan loading- load .PLN file from LNM (gets a map onto the MSFS map screen, immediately save the plan as a .FLT. Then reload from that .FLT file, plan loads into G530. Will try that scenario a few times from complete shutdown and see what happens!

• Bendix/King EFS 40 EHSI

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@ExcessionOCP I will too. I wrote the modified code to get this to work in the TBM700 for FlyII so many years ago.

• Reverse thrust - using hardware controller

0 Votes
    7 Posts

Edit: With the help of JayDee, I found out that there are two ways to control the throttle: "Throttle 1 Axis" and "Throttle 1 AXIS (0 to 100%)". I had my throttle set to the first one but when I set it to the 0-100% one then I can now move the full range of the throttle as I expected.

• Bendix/King KAS 297B Altitude Selector

0 Votes
    5 Posts

Thank you for the clarification.

• KLN90B?

2 Votes
    8 Posts

Looking much forward to the KLN90 in the B&B's! (personally not interested in equipment in the TBM 850 that does not belong to it's era)

Overall, can we expect any updates to the TBM and the B&B's soon? We chat'ed a little about some issues some months ago, and you provided some nice code changes for me. After leaving the SU15 beta, my MSFS installation was completely wiped out by the hideous MSFS installer, so to fly these aircrafts again, I either will have to wait for the updates, or go through the code changes again. (I'm not in a hurry though, as I usually don't use my flight-PC in the summer months).

• Door Problem on Annunciator Panel

0 Votes
    2 Posts

Do all the doors show green and white cross-hatched latching indicators? Door latching failures are possible in my aircraft, so check the failure interface on the weather radar display for any active failures.

• My condition lever is strange

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • No lights when AirFrame Deice is on

0 Votes
    4 Posts

Yeah, it's been a while since I've flown the TBM, but I feel like there was an ordering issue with the checklists in the manual where it calls for things requiring bleed air before it has you turn the bleed air on.

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts

Great! Thanks for sharing. I thought that might have been it. Glad it was an easy fix. I hope you can enjoy your bush trips now!

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • GTNXi frame in Just Flight aircraft

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Some technical inaccuracies

1 Votes
    9 Posts

@WingC3 I haven't really noticed. I think the prop animation changes once it drops below a certain rpm and the blade angle becomes visible, so it may be a limitation of the animation. I don't have the duke so I'm I don't know if there were changes to the animation in that plane.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • No state saving

0 Votes
    2 Posts

I know I will not be able to convince you but I will share my feedback too.
    I found the saves more consistent in the Duke than in previous aircrafts, I don't know if it's the fact that avionics is selected from tablet and not a switch anymore or if the state saving part has been redrawn.
    Anyway, so far I didn't had avionics being reset and found its saves pretty solid.

Maybe wait to see for the tablet to be incorporated into the TBM and see if you come across this issues again.
    I hope your opinion will change and be able to notice as I did some improvement.

• LC-2 Digital Chronometer

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts

Thanks for explanation, maybe I will start pestering Working Title. I dont use the GTN750 at all, prefer the older instruments, but nevertheless, it still happens too often. Great pity to have relatively expensive payware and get these problems.

Actually, I also see that the aircraft dont always save their current state on shutdown. I usually go back to cold and dark, with G530/430 chosen. But on restart, the GTN750 bezel is present, will see if I get a plan to load when aircraft loads G530, from cold.

Is it possible to force a particular loading configuration in the aircraft configuration file??

• Engine Health not updating.

0 Votes
    20 Posts

@Black-Square Thank you for your kind words. I really enjoy the work you have done with the TBM and fly pretty much exclusively on Pilotedge (ATC Network) with the aircraft daily. I fly by the book and treat the aircraft as if it were a real airplane and what I would do in the real world. Furthermore, I have to say it comes really close to the numbers of the real TBM850 POH which I use for this aircraft and it's very impressive, despite the turboprop limitations within MSFS. Awesome job!

As far as testing goes, I have tested the engine conditions and failures further in flight and can confirm everything is working the way it should, just purely state saving being an issue upon reload with the engine, which explains why I haven't been seeing a decline in engine health upon reloads.

I will continue to fly and will just overlook the shortcomings with the state saving system in place, now that I understand what is going on. I will be eagerly keeping an eye out for your update. Thank you for your continued support on the TBM. Looking forward to the Duke!

• MSG GPS buttons

0 Votes
    3 Posts

You could check settings of your gps device to see what types of messages you have enabled and maybe disable those you don't need like airspaces, traffic, etc.

• Binding, H-events and other information

0 Votes
    43 Posts
    1k Views

@Black-Square said in Binding, H-events and other information:

VsSwitch:

Hi, the VS switch is still giving me headache. How would I implement that with FSUIPC..? Via LUA?