TBM 850

201 Topics 1.1k Posts
  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts

Thanks for explanation, maybe I will start pestering Working Title. I dont use the GTN750 at all, prefer the older instruments, but nevertheless, it still happens too often. Great pity to have relatively expensive payware and get these problems.

Actually, I also see that the aircraft dont always save their current state on shutdown. I usually go back to cold and dark, with G530/430 chosen. But on restart, the GTN750 bezel is present, will see if I get a plan to load when aircraft loads G530, from cold.

Is it possible to force a particular loading configuration in the aircraft configuration file??

• Engine Health not updating.

0 Votes
    20 Posts

@Black-Square Thank you for your kind words. I really enjoy the work you have done with the TBM and fly pretty much exclusively on Pilotedge (ATC Network) with the aircraft daily. I fly by the book and treat the aircraft as if it were a real airplane and what I would do in the real world. Furthermore, I have to say it comes really close to the numbers of the real TBM850 POH which I use for this aircraft and it's very impressive, despite the turboprop limitations within MSFS. Awesome job!

As far as testing goes, I have tested the engine conditions and failures further in flight and can confirm everything is working the way it should, just purely state saving being an issue upon reload with the engine, which explains why I haven't been seeing a decline in engine health upon reloads.

I will continue to fly and will just overlook the shortcomings with the state saving system in place, now that I understand what is going on. I will be eagerly keeping an eye out for your update. Thank you for your continued support on the TBM. Looking forward to the Duke!

• MSG GPS buttons

0 Votes
    3 Posts

You could check settings of your gps device to see what types of messages you have enabled and maybe disable those you don't need like airspaces, traffic, etc.

• Autopilot After SIM Update 14

1 Votes
    129 Posts
    9k Views

@Black-Square Thanks! I think my question was irrelevant now that I realize the update isn't out yet.

• Reverse thrust - using hardware controller

0 Votes
    5 Posts

Glad to hear it's working well for you. Just for anyone else reading this, what I do about this is just to jostle my hardware throttle, even the smallest amount, after touchdown if I have any question of the virtual throttle position.

To answer your question, yes, it's possible in many PT6A powered aircraft, however, it is also prohibited by the operating limitations of almost all these aircraft. The only one that comes to mind where this is not prohibited is the Pilatus Porter. I've seen it done with Caravans in real world skydiving operations, but it is still prohibited by the POH, and the limitation placarded on the panel. The problem is usually overspeeding of the propeller, since beta is the opposite of feather, if that helps you think about it. I make no guarantees of how my aircraft will behave in this configuration, especially with respect to propeller speed, but I can say that they will slow down REALLY fast if you do try it.

• Binding, H-events and other information

0 Votes
    43 Posts

@Black-Square said in Binding, H-events and other information:

VsSwitch:

Hi, the VS switch is still giving me headache. How would I implement that with FSUIPC..? Via LUA?

• Is the autopilot’s Half Bank mode working ?

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Yep, I use the WT GNS530. Thanks for having passed the info if it is for them to solve then 👍.
    And thanks again for your great work, keep it going 😉

• Weather radar seems to cause frame rate drop

0 Votes
    35 Posts
    1k Views

Hi Nick,
    For me the problem seems to have disappeared. I have no clue what cured the issue. Perhaps an MSFS update. I also use AutoFPS now, but I do not think this played a role.
    Best regards,
    Harry

• Bendix/King KAS 297B Altitude Selector

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Bendix/King EFS 40 EHSI

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Aggressive VOR AP capture behaviour.

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@Black-Square

Thank you for the response, I'll consider if it's needed by any other add-on and potentially remove it.

Looking forward to the Duke, the TBM has quickly become one of my favourite things to fly in the sim. Great work :)

• Annunciator Panel on the TBM 850

0 Votes
    6 Posts

You are correct. Bus number 3 is the main distribution bus in the TBM. That would generally be the best to measure, but if you're looking for the specifics before I publish an update soon, then you can find what each annunciator light is connected to by searching for "VOLTAGE_SENSE_BUS" in AnalogTBM.XML.

• Outside temperature instrument (C/F)

0 Votes
    2 Posts

I think I already implemented that fix for a future update. If you want an immediate solution, you can also change

this.tempUnit = false;

to...

this.tempUnit = true;

in FreeAirTemp.js in...

...\bksq-aircraft-tbm850\html_ui\Pages\VCockpit\Instruments\Generic\Misc\bksq-aircraft-tbm850\FreeAirTemp
  • Altitude/vs knob and efis switch problem

0 Votes
    6 Posts

Very interesting! Thank you for making that video and explaining what you've seen. Does this happen with all the controls in the cockpit, or is it just those two? I've seen YouTubers who use lots of windows in VR with no problem, so I'm sorry that you're one of the unlucky ones.

Unfortunately, I still think this is very unlikely to be anything related to my aircraft, but I want to help you in any way I can. Please keep me updated if you learned anything else. Usually I have some recommend Discord server or forum for people to take their issues to, but this is an usual one. Are there any VR specific communities for MSFS that you might be able to ask?

Just to answer your question, sometimes the animation system can get stuck and not take any inputs, literally if your camera is looking one direction. Sometimes this happens to me while developing, and I have to restart the simulator. You can look directly at the panel, and nothing will work. Look out the side windows, and suddenly all the animations will catch up with any changes you've made. Look back forward, and everything will get stuck again. I don't think that's what you're seeing here, but it's possibly related.

• TBM850 ILS LOC out by 90 degrees

0 Votes
    4 Posts

I am having the same problem today with the TBM. Has describe above, usually when the GNS GTN750 switches from GPS to VLOC, the runway course is automatically imputed. Suddenly now it’s showing 90 degrees off and I have to manually select it.

• SU15 beta, TBM 850 & GNS 530

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    6 Posts

@Alex48 thanks, installed 👍

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts

Thanks, I just had a perfect flight in the 850. Thanks so much for this wonderful module! I can't wait for more! You have raised the bar for quality modules in MSFS, for sure.
    I suspect it was a hardware issue on my end.

• Realism settings

0 Votes
    4 Posts

Glad to hear it! Happy to help.