TBM 850

218 Topics 1.2k Posts
  • Forthcoming update for the TBM8

1 Votes
    25 Posts
    1k Views

EHSI Arc mode feature is explained in the manual.
    It says that this feature optional in the real planes and thereby not simulated for now. Maybe someday.

• Using dual GNS 530 with external controllers

0 Votes
    2 Posts

Indeed there are! I actually asked Working Title if my method was the best way to accomplish this, and they now recommend it in their documents to other developers. I don't know what the Octavi IFR-1 is doing, but you can control each unit independently by adding the correct index to the HTML event. For example, the Direct-To buttons for the GNS 530 would be...

AS530_1_DRCT_Push AS530_2_DRCT_Push

Let me know if if you need any more help with these events. Every hardware setup can be a little different, but I have many happy home cockpit builders who are using both units with their hardware.

• Speeds…

0 Votes
    2 Posts

V-Speeds are given in indicated airspeed (KIAS), while cruise performance numbers are given in true airspeed (KTAS). For example, 200 KIAS at FL200 is around the stated 287 KTAS over the ground with no wind.

• TBM850 Battery Voltage for Engine Start

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • TBM 850 won't start

0 Votes
    4 Posts

problem is solved
    thanks again
    Klaus

• Autopilot After SIM Update 14

1 Votes
    150 Posts
    14k Views

Maintaining a choice of Nav GPS systems (750 or 530/430)- exit the SIM or aircraft by going backwards to Main Window, then quit to Desktop. Do not Quit via Steam !

Workaround for loading flight plans into G530/430 reliably-

Create .PLN file in Little Nav Map (or Simbrief) Export flight plan as .PLN to a folder of choice (choose that plan in MSFS with Load/save option Set time of departure at location (neither Live Weather or Time slider are available after starting the flight) Save flight plan using the Load/Save option in the Map screen to SAVE the plan as a .FLT file in same folder (or other folder) Load that .FLT file back into the Map using the Load/Save option (plan should now appear in running G530/430) Set up the aircraft for Flight.

To change the plan or aircraft, follow this scheme back to Main menu page and select a new plan or new aircraft. I only tried this 4 times, rebooting once because of locked SIM, and it worked reliably. Prior to this I was lucky to get any plan to load from the Load/Save button into the Blacksquare TBM850. I have yet to try Bonanza or Baron.

• GPS MSG Indicators no longer work

0 Votes
    3 Posts

No, that makes sense. I moved over to the TDS version, full time around that time and never really paid much attention, till the other day.

• Bendix/King EFS 40 EHSI

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@ExcessionOCP I will too. I wrote the modified code to get this to work in the TBM700 for FlyII so many years ago.

• Reverse thrust - using hardware controller

0 Votes
    7 Posts

Edit: With the help of JayDee, I found out that there are two ways to control the throttle: "Throttle 1 Axis" and "Throttle 1 AXIS (0 to 100%)". I had my throttle set to the first one but when I set it to the 0-100% one then I can now move the full range of the throttle as I expected.

• Bendix/King KAS 297B Altitude Selector

0 Votes
    5 Posts

Thank you for the clarification.

• KLN90B?

2 Votes
    8 Posts

Looking much forward to the KLN90 in the B&B's! (personally not interested in equipment in the TBM 850 that does not belong to it's era)

Overall, can we expect any updates to the TBM and the B&B's soon? We chat'ed a little about some issues some months ago, and you provided some nice code changes for me. After leaving the SU15 beta, my MSFS installation was completely wiped out by the hideous MSFS installer, so to fly these aircrafts again, I either will have to wait for the updates, or go through the code changes again. (I'm not in a hurry though, as I usually don't use my flight-PC in the summer months).

• Door Problem on Annunciator Panel

0 Votes
    2 Posts

Do all the doors show green and white cross-hatched latching indicators? Door latching failures are possible in my aircraft, so check the failure interface on the weather radar display for any active failures.

• My condition lever is strange

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • No lights when AirFrame Deice is on

0 Votes
    4 Posts

Yeah, it's been a while since I've flown the TBM, but I feel like there was an ordering issue with the checklists in the manual where it calls for things requiring bleed air before it has you turn the bleed air on.

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts

Great! Thanks for sharing. I thought that might have been it. Glad it was an easy fix. I hope you can enjoy your bush trips now!

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • GTNXi frame in Just Flight aircraft

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Some technical inaccuracies

1 Votes
    9 Posts

@WingC3 I haven't really noticed. I think the prop animation changes once it drops below a certain rpm and the blade angle becomes visible, so it may be a limitation of the animation. I don't have the duke so I'm I don't know if there were changes to the animation in that plane.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • No state saving

0 Votes
    2 Posts

I know I will not be able to convince you but I will share my feedback too.
    I found the saves more consistent in the Duke than in previous aircrafts, I don't know if it's the fact that avionics is selected from tablet and not a switch anymore or if the state saving part has been redrawn.
    Anyway, so far I didn't had avionics being reset and found its saves pretty solid.

Maybe wait to see for the tablet to be incorporated into the TBM and see if you come across this issues again.
    I hope your opinion will change and be able to notice as I did some improvement.