TBM 850

206 Topics 1.1k Posts
  • Request : V/S change smoothing

2 Votes
    8 Posts

Hello, just stumbled upon this thread, and registered just to get a reply in :D
    First, thank you for the great plane, it's really enjoyable, honestly, biggest downside for me is the prop buzz from the default MSFS TBM 930. It would be great if any future update could change the sound, even if it wouldn't be exactly TBM 850 sound.

Anyway, back to topic, I believe KAS 297B is used in the PC-12/47, and while the SWS model has it's own set of problems in my opinion, I believe the altitude and VS selector is working correctly, including arming the altitude and engaging the VS mode. Their PC-12 also supports WT GNS530, PMS 750 and TDS GTNxi.

I'm not sure if it would be acceptable for you (or them), but maybe they could point you in the right direction of how they implemented it.

Anyway, thanks again for the great mod, looking forward for more to come.

Best regards.

• Registration plate in cockpit becomes blank

0 Votes
    6 Posts

In another plane (A2A PA24 Comanche) I noticed that this happened after putting a livery in my community folder that used a particular font.

• Environmental Control Panel - Bleed Switch

0 Votes
    6 Posts

@quba good question, I understood that there should also be a reduction in the torque achievable but your explanation also makes a lot of sense in the way that does to the ITT raise you have to lower the power - as you said.

• -1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts

Those are extremely unusual symptoms that are indicative of something much deeper wrong with your installation. For instance, that's the kind of behavior we see when a poorly developed freeware addon has overridden core simulator behavior.

Step one would be emptying your community folder, and trying again with no peripherals plugged into your computer. Technical Support will be able to walk you through a troubleshooting checklist and find your problem quite quickly, I'm sure.

• Forum: Dead

• Enabling the beta range annunciator

0 Votes
    5 Posts

I moved this feature over to the tablet in the Turbine Duke, btw. I will do the same for the TBM when I introduce the tablet.

• Aileron Trim

0 Votes
    6 Posts

@pds Same, Ive never seen him touch or talk about the aileron trim. And when he or his autopilot is flying the plane the ball is centered and the controls are neutral.

• TBM 850 sound.

-1 Votes
    5 Posts

I think using another aircraft's engine sound is not that trivial, not to talk about the licensing issues.

However it was just confirmed that @Black-Square will cooperate with Boris Audio Works to create a custom sound set for the Turbo Duke. I hope that the TBM can benefit of this afterwards, because the current sounds are the only major downgrade for me on this excellent product.

• Oil consumption

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Weight and Balance

1 Votes
    5 Posts

@vojkd Thanks, that looks amazing. Unfortunately I am too lazy to do this manually. An fully automated option is the TBM Performance app on iOS/Android.

• Engine Noise Change and Torque Fluctuations

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Ahh, I didn't see that post. No worries, it's not the end of the world.

• Torque

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Was the manual override lever set, or are you now using it? The latter is an issue, if so.

• What's this alarm - quiet beeps every second?

0 Votes
    8 Posts

What I don’t get is: I don’t have that sound. Never heard it. I know is should be there but for me there is nothing. Begs the question, what other sounds am I missing that would enhance the simulation? We know the engine sound could be better but on my end it seems the sounds are just dull, which I know should not be the case. I am the one not having missing least this sound piece?

• 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Can I make the Fuel Pump a bit louder?

1 Votes
    2 Posts

Maybe your friend's fuel pump is about to fail :)
    You could have a look at the file SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_TBM930\sound\sound.xml in the TBM 850 package, there seems to live the definition for fuel pump sounds.

• Another strange GNS 530 bug (IFR clearance)

0 Votes
    2 Posts

I had a similar issue the other day and I suspect they're related. I often load a .flp file into the map so the GPS is preprogrammed, but I've seen it not work on first load.

I have also seen the same happen in the 414 (and going back to the menu and reloading into the same plane fixes it) so I don't think it's TBM specific; it's either related to the fact that both have not been updated to use the WT avionics natively, with everything that comes with that, and rely on the marketplace pointer, or it's part of the regression that the WT stuff seems to have undergone with the recent SU.

• Gyro Suction High

0 Votes
    4 Posts

@schultenh oops, didn't realize the gauge markings went high to low.

• Incomplete Propeller Range?

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • TBM 850 Model - Wing Thickness?

0 Votes
    6 Posts

Airliners.net has some good head-on pics of lots of TBM planes for reference.

Glad to hear about all the wing-flex being added, does add immensely to the feeling of inertia and real flight. Looking forward to the Dukes. :-)