206 Topics 1.1k Posts
  • AP Controls lack lighting

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Cockpit/Panel Dimensions

0 Votes
    4 Posts

I have searched Google already and have not found what I was looking for. Maybe there is a way to derive the dimensions from the 3D model but I don't see how to do that.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Few bugs remaining I encountered

1 Votes
    2 Posts

I think I've answered these before in various threads, but I will put all my answers here for safe keeping:

Sun Visors - They are not visible from the outside in all my airplanes. There was an issue with the Blender exporter when I was learning all this that made the draw order not behave correctly, so the visors would flicker horribly. This may have been fixed since. I'll look into it.

Starter does not get damaged - I'm looking at my code right now. 120 seconds is the hard cutoff to disconnect the starter. Starter performance will begin to degrade after 60 seconds. Other of my aircraft have more sophisticated starter temperature simulation. I forget what my reasoning was for not implementing this in the TBM.

Altitude selector ARM - Limitation of the native autopilot. Nothing I can do without implementing my own autopilot controller, which would conflict with the many hot-swapping GPS options I provide, since many of them already implement a custom autopilot.

High Bleed Torque - Not easily done, even with the many circumventions I've made around the native turboprop simulation. I could fake it, but then it wouldn't really affect engine performance. I made some notes on a possible way to do this that I will revisit for the Turbine Duke.

WX display on the HSI - I have to do this for the Starship, so once I figure it out there, I will bring it back into the TBM. I like to start big new features like that from scratch, so that way I don't break things that are already working.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

These are the expressions I use in FSUIPC to handle trims. They account for electric power (so they even stop working when you pull the respective fuse) and for the AP/Trims switch. And you can change the rate at which the trims move to suit your taste. Can be adapted for use in other software like Spad, etc.

Created with help from other forum members here https://community.justflight.com/topic/5517/trim-key-bindings-work-when-they-shouldn-t

The calculations could be probably simplified, but are the result of iterative development till I got something that worked and stopped there :)

BSTBMElevatorTrimInc#6 (A:1:CIRCUIT CONNECTION ON:5, Bool) (A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE:6, Volts) 12 > and (L:BKSQ_AutopilotMasterSwitch) 0 > and if{ (A:ELEVATOR TRIM PCT, Percent) 163.83 * 32 + 16383 min (>K:ELEVATOR_TRIM_SET) } BSTBMElevatorTrimDec#6 (A:1:CIRCUIT CONNECTION ON:5, Bool) (A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE:6, Volts) 12 > and (L:BKSQ_AutopilotMasterSwitch) 0 > and if{ (A:ELEVATOR TRIM PCT, Percent) 163.83 * 32 - -16383 max (>K:ELEVATOR_TRIM_SET) } BSTBMAileronTrimRight#6 (A:1:CIRCUIT CONNECTION ON:6, Bool) (A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE:6, Volts) 12 > and (L:BKSQ_AutopilotMasterSwitch) 0 > and if{ (A:AILERON TRIM PCT, percent) 0.1 + 163.83 * 16383 min -16383 max (>K:AILERON_TRIM_SET_EX1) } BSTBMAileronTrimLeft#6 (A:1:CIRCUIT CONNECTION ON:6, Bool) (A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE:6, Volts) 12 > and (L:BKSQ_AutopilotMasterSwitch) 0 > and if{ (A:AILERON TRIM PCT, percent) 0.1 - 163.83 * 16383 min -16383 max (>K:AILERON_TRIM_SET_EX1) } BSTBMRudderTrimRight#6 (A:1:CIRCUIT CONNECTION ON:7, Bool) (A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE:6, Volts) 12 > and (L:BKSQ_AutopilotMasterSwitch) 0 > and if{ (A:RUDDER TRIM PCT, percent) 0.2 + 163.83 * 16383 min -16383 max (>K:RUDDER_TRIM_SET_EX1) } BSTBMRudderTrimLeft#6 (A:1:CIRCUIT CONNECTION ON:7, Bool) (A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE:6, Volts) 12 > and (L:BKSQ_AutopilotMasterSwitch) 0 > and if{ (A:RUDDER TRIM PCT, percent) 0.2 - 163.83 * 16383 min -16383 max (>K:RUDDER_TRIM_SET_EX1) }
  • Outside temperature display jumps back

0 Votes
    7 Posts

@Lemny said in Outside temperature display jumps back:

This confirms again that Celsius is the only „true“ measurement system.

You might be on to something, was wondering what is the meaning of that true/false for a temperature unit variable.
    Though I would rather consider Kelvin to be the ultimate unit of temperature measurement, but Celsius is getting close, has the same step size, with only slightly shifted start :)

• Spawn with doors open?

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Engine condition improved by itself

0 Votes
    5 Posts

This should improve with my overhaul to state saving that will come with the Dukes, btw. The most essential features, like the radio state should be loaded before the flight ever initializes. If everything works well, I will bring this back into the TBM in a major update I have planned.

• Control Legacy Mode

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Missing Documentation of LVars and stuff

1 Votes
    30 Posts

Works like a charm, btw is there away to also open and the rear door? Open/extract stair/retract stair/close door

Merry X-mas

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts

thnx... no big deal... that was what I am looking for 🙂

• GNS530 and TOGA Button Operation

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@Mad_X Is it a bug, or is it the same reworking of K events that WT did that "breaks" the GA button on the C414? In that case, it's because FSW uses the pointer to the new WT avionics instead of natively integrating them into the plane, and I suspect it's the same thing here.

• Font size KNS 80

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@Black-Square damn... you are right, I am using that 😬 sorry for blaming you. 😄

BTW... on the annunciator panel, the "AUTO SEL" light does not go off the first time I set the fuel selector to AUTO, only if I set it the second time. Is this a bug?

EDIT: I made another post about that. It's not because it's the second time, it war because I used the mouse the second time. :-)

• Avionics Master to OFF Resets Flight.

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@Black-Square Ah no... I spoke too soon...
    I have just completed a 1 hour flight and turned off the Av Master before engine shut down. Everything was fine until I shut down the engine, then the old problem returned. So, it's not specific to the Avionics Master after all.

When I shut down the engine the only things left turned on in the aircraft were the battery and generator.

Referencing your last note, it seems that whatever is the last or nearly last action performed at the end of a flight, is what triggers the reset, regardless of the order. Either way, it's really putting a road block up regarding my enjoyment of this aircraft.

I hope you can sort this out.

Best wishes,

Luke

• Missing ARM annunciation for NAV/APR

0 Votes
    13 Posts

Knidarkness: I wasn’t trying to make an apples to apples comparison to the 930 whose avionics is superior. I only remark about the Arm alerts.
    My chief complaint is the absence of ARM indications on the controller and efis 40. The AP will fly an ILS and GPS approach and intercept and track a course. The BS manual notes that the ARM displays in white on the EFIS as is typical across electronic ADI, but it’s absent in the model. The controller is supposed to display annunciator lights when you press the Test( trim) sw. that function is missing even though that function is documented in the Bendix manual. Every similar model equipped IFR avionics post 90’s has ability to display status indicators. Can you imagine the ambiguity if you’re not alerted that you are in capture range of course or GS/GP. I have a Carenado Mooney in my hangar. Carenado is known for their refined modeling but not necessarily for avionics accumen. yet that plane has a comm/nav display that denotes change of state Arm and Actv indication for the default 530. The argument is lost on me that it requires a deep knowledge of MSFS AP minutiae to light a few indicators when the a/c is within a couple of dots, or below the GS and sixty degrees of final app course. The hard part is already installed and seemingly working except the change of state alerts. Why is that the biggest challenge that can’t be overcome except with expert knowledge.

Btw, I own the Fenix but haven’t flown it in a year. Are you telling me that their 320 is unable to fly auto throttle coupled VNAV approach?

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • GNS530 Not driving CDI or auto pilot.

0 Votes
    4 Posts

Thank you for letting us know. I'm glad this is working for you all. I'm writing to Working Title right now. In the meantime, please help spread the word about this fix.

• PMS650

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Thanks, for the update

• Heading Bug bug

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Hi, thanks for reply, the strange this is it varies in behaviour with the same hardware and settings

• Avionics Master Switch

1 Votes
    3 Posts

@Randolf for me, the doors do not close via the animation, they simply become instantly closed, even if the stairs are still deployed! At the same time, everything in the aircraft also immediately switches off and resets. It’s a bit of an immersion killer!