TBM 850

207 Topics 1.1k Posts
  • Altitude/vs knob and efis switch problem

0 Votes
    6 Posts

Very interesting! Thank you for making that video and explaining what you've seen. Does this happen with all the controls in the cockpit, or is it just those two? I've seen YouTubers who use lots of windows in VR with no problem, so I'm sorry that you're one of the unlucky ones.

Unfortunately, I still think this is very unlikely to be anything related to my aircraft, but I want to help you in any way I can. Please keep me updated if you learned anything else. Usually I have some recommend Discord server or forum for people to take their issues to, but this is an usual one. Are there any VR specific communities for MSFS that you might be able to ask?

Just to answer your question, sometimes the animation system can get stuck and not take any inputs, literally if your camera is looking one direction. Sometimes this happens to me while developing, and I have to restart the simulator. You can look directly at the panel, and nothing will work. Look out the side windows, and suddenly all the animations will catch up with any changes you've made. Look back forward, and everything will get stuck again. I don't think that's what you're seeing here, but it's possibly related.

• TBM850 ILS LOC out by 90 degrees

0 Votes
    4 Posts

I am having the same problem today with the TBM. Has describe above, usually when the GNS GTN750 switches from GPS to VLOC, the runway course is automatically imputed. Suddenly now it’s showing 90 degrees off and I have to manually select it.

• SU15 beta, TBM 850 & GNS 530

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    6 Posts

@Alex48 thanks, installed 👍

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts

Thanks, I just had a perfect flight in the 850. Thanks so much for this wonderful module! I can't wait for more! You have raised the bar for quality modules in MSFS, for sure.
    I suspect it was a hardware issue on my end.

• Realism settings

0 Votes
    4 Posts

Glad to hear it! Happy to help.

• Torque slightly fluctuating

0 Votes
    2 Posts

Interesting. Thank you for sharing that video. I haven't seen any rapid fluctuations like that before, but it's certainly likely that it's caused by my custom fuel controller. It's also possible that it's caused by jitter in hardware control input. Some hardware with lower resolution analog-to-digital converters cause this kind of behavior.

Not to tell others how to do their job, but as someone who also codes avionics, anything like range rings, climb/descent arcs, etc, should low-pass their inputs so that jitter like this does not occur. In the real world, the solution to this problem would not be wishing for a smoother running engine. I've had to do this with much of my own avionics, though usually with my reciprocating engine aircraft. Sorry that my software is causes this unsightly behavior, though. I'm sure it's frustrating. I hope my suggestion is well received, and does not offend.

• 0 Votes
    8 Posts

Ok will do. Hopefully he doesn’t point back to you. I just upgraded to the latest PMS50 version so I will try that prior to raising it up. Thanks for the reply and research. Love the plane.

• TBM 850 Engine will not start

0 Votes
    12 Posts

Google brought me to this post, exact same problem here. Thanks for reporting back on it.

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts

Ah, there's your problem. Just don't touch that screen! Those failures have absolutely nothing to do with any of my products, and you should never have to visit it.

All failures in my aircraft are managed and triggered from the weather radar display (this will be moving over to a tablet with the Dukes). There are lists of all the possible failures and tutorials for the weather radar interface in the manuals.

• Working title vs TDS GTN 750

0 Votes
    2 Posts

From the manual:

Black Square aircraft have hot-swappable radio panels that allow you to fly with many popular radio configurations from old-school no GPS panels, to modern installations with touchscreen GPS navigators. To adjust which configuration you’re flying with, use the switches on the copilot’s side of the main panel, above the environmental control panel, to select your preferred radio for Com1/Nav1, and Com2/Nav2. The radio selection will be automatically saved and reloaded at the start of a new flight.

• Cold Cabin Temp

0 Votes
    6 Posts

@glideslope Had a read through the POH and found the limitations. Thanks

• Prop Governor Overspeed Test.

0 Votes
    2 Posts

Have you checked for a propeller governor failure in the failure interface? If that's not the problem, are you sure you are testing it correctly by holding the button while advancing the power lever, and then releasing the test button to see the RPM rise? If neither of those are the issue, then I'm afraid you will have to send me a video of the procedure you are using so I can try to duplicate the issue.

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts

The GNS message annunciator functionality is in the hands of Working Title. I provided them with my own fix for this, along with many other improvements for the GNS. My contact said that they will consider them, but not for SU15. I would also like them to implement a fix for the native flight plan loading issue (when a flight plan was created in the simulator's menu), but I wouldn't expect that to come with SU15 either. I will keep you posted if I hear anything more.

• 3 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Sharing my SPAD Profile for HC Alpha & Bravo

0 Votes
    7 Posts

I added the LVAR:BKSQ_ShowBetaAnnunciator in the flap logic just for the visual

• Vertical Hold simvar spam

0 Votes
    2 Posts

I'll take a look at this later and see if I can see it. If it's only with the GNS530, then it's almost certainly related to their custom autopilot, though. Is this affecting your use of the aircraft in any way, or were you just inspecting the variable for a home cockpit, perhaps?

• Livery request

0 Votes
    3 Posts

In general I suggest entering a livery request at flightsim.to or contact one of the TBM livery creators there directly.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts

@Black-Square Thanks - I've implemented a condition within SPAD to prevent electric trims from working when there is no power to the bus, which is a good workaround :-)

• Outside temp

0 Votes
    3 Posts

I think it is related to Rex weather. Also to cold with other aircrafts. Last flight at FL290 -51 c should have been some - 40ish