146 Professional

550 Topics 2.8k Posts
  • Ground effect on landing

0 Votes
    4 Posts

I've now got airbrake and spoiler deployment sorted and I can normally touchdown "well enough" in terms of alignment and rate.

Where I tend to have an issue is after the maingear is down, the nosewheel does not want to drop and pitch down is very ineffective. I've recorded my landing and the speed, flare and touchdown looks ok but the nose will start to rise requiring me to push forward hard and brake harder that I'd prefer to get 3 wheels down.

I'm going to do more circuits at EGNT and play with my pitch curves to make sure pitch down is not attenuated.

• Tip on FMS display

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Possible bugs with the AP.

3 Votes
    28 Posts
    1k Views

I do seem to recall the weaving issue when the CJ4 was in it's active development phase but it did get refined to non-existence.

Just on my 2nd flight using the FMS and I've not seen this symptom during either although the weather has been benign both times.

I did however just have an issue departing 26L EGKK on FRANE1M where it did not make the 1st turn. It is more or less a 180 but at the speed I was going it should have managed. Once I threw a DIR to ACORN everything was rock solid.

Just one anomaly so I wouldn't highlight as an issue yet - will monitor.

• Engine TGTS Very Low after latest SU9 Hotfix

0 Votes
    2 Posts

Weren't they low to begin with?

• Button clicks not playing at first click

1 Votes
    3 Posts

Yes, I experienced this also, but just a few times - on white rocker switches on the overhead panel. Next time it happens I'll make a note of exactly which switches.

• Trim problems, the plane is unflyable

0 Votes
    10 Posts

Hi. I had this exact same issue with PMDG's DC-6 and my V1 Flight Yoke. Touch the trim wheel and the aircraft goes nuts. Has to do with how the trim access is programmed.

As suggested by others, changing the trim assignment to buttons works a whole lot better. PMDG DC6 is quite stable with button assigned Trim.

Bill

• EFB Checklist and PDF

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts

@jmarkows The rudder requires green hydraulic pressure however we've now added some logic that will permit steering during pushback, simulating the nose wheel steering disconnect.

• Trim Wheel Movement with AP OFF

0 Votes
    2 Posts

With the autopilot off, the trim wheel should only move if you command trim changes, either by clicking on the wheel itself or using the elevator trim control assignments. Do you have a control axis assigned to the elevator trim that might be moving by small amounts without any input by you?

• 'Stall' question

0 Votes
    20 Posts

@magdalina Thank you. Just worth mentioing for the recrord if this issue pops up again.

• BRAKE TEMP on AFT PED

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@martyn Thank you so much. That is awesome...When will the update be available?

• Flight director behaviour on AP disc.

0 Votes
    6 Posts

This will be fixed in the next update

• MSFS BAE-146 - Com-2 Monitoring

0 Votes
    6 Posts

@martyn I've done a little testing and I often get the same thing with Nav 1, it's incorrect or silent. I've confirmed it with other planes as well.

I do have Navigraph updating the MSFS data and removing that did fix that for the C152 but not the 146, but it was a quick test and I didn't use the same VOR so I wouldn't say it's conclusive just yet, need to poke around more.

• PERF Button / CRZ ALT missing

0 Votes
    3 Posts

The PERF page wasn't included at release as there is no VNAV integration so it'd just be a repeat of what's available from the performance charts and speeds card, but we'll look into adding it in a future update if people would like it just for reference purposes.

• mushy behavior upon touchdown

0 Votes
    16 Posts

@b3lt3r That's actaully close to the real Aircraft. All things being equal, the Airbrake is fully opened at 100' AGL. This is done by pulling the handle back, it will physically stop short of the SPLR setting. Once you've touch down, you then pull the handle back to the SPLR position.

In a serviceable aircraft, it is not possible to deploy the Spoilers in the air. You could hang off the handle and it shouln't occur.

On later 146s and all RJs, there is an auto spoiler function. The spoilers will automatically deploy on landing once certain weight on wheels logic is satisfied.

• Version 1.2 - Not compatible with FBW A32X

2 Votes
    4 Posts

@dreadnought1906 Found a possible solution in another thread. If you have setup Mixture on your joystick/HOTAS (as I have), the engines can shut off if mixture is set to lean. The solution is to remove mixture from the joystick or set your mixture to full rich before starting engines. I have not tested this myself yet, but it has solved the problem for others.

• Frequent CTD with 146

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@cgnoorloos
    Update. Lots of testing on short final at EKBI with airspawns. CTD after CTD removed every mod and addon, no help. Then tested the Kodiak and gues what it crashed too.

However! When i removed the world update for germany and the Nordics the CTD that happened in the exact same spot ceased to exist.

TL:DR: error seems to be World Update related and not the 146!

• Ground handling (Takeoff and Landing)

0 Votes
    7 Posts

Sorry, cant seem to upload the screenshots!

MSFS controller sensitivity settings in game:

HAWK

Sensitivity - 0
    Sensitivity + 0
    Dead zone 0
    Neutral 0
    Extremity dead zone 0
    Reactivity 100%

BAE 146

Sensitivity - -50%
    Sensitivity + -50%
    Dead zone 2%
    Neutral 0
    Extremity dead zone 0
    Reactivity 100%

• Engine 1 Start Issue

0 Votes
    16 Posts

We'll look at 'forcing' all mixtures to fully rich in the next update to prevent this quirk of the sim.

• Strange EFB/Navigraph bug

0 Votes
    4 Posts

@mikealpha I experienced the same on a flight out of KPDX and it took me a bit to make the connection. MSFS has a lot of different ways to pause.