548 Topics 2.8k Posts
  • UNS-1 without weights

2 Votes
    3 Posts

Great news, thank you very much!

• V2 tutorial flight

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@Paulvanuf The original 146 tutorial flight remains the same in the V2 update (EGJJ-EGGP) but we have included an additional tutorial flight for the UNS-1 (NZAA-NZCH).

Mark - Just Flight

• Hide yoke?

0 Votes
    5 Posts

"Maybe it should be included in the manual"

It is; on page 77 under the heading of "Flight Controls".

Bruce R

• EFB Not Clickable

0 Votes
    5 Posts

Issue is confirmed to be caused by an update to the Horizon 787-9. A new update fixed the interference. It was the only recently updated mod I hadn't checked.

• Equipment and PBN Codes

3 Votes
    4 Posts

So following on from this, now the UNS-1 FMS has released, will the PBN codes remain the same? My understanding is that the older UNS-1 is not RNAV1 compliant, again difficult to find the info.

• Abnormal Procedures?

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Figuring Flex Temperature

0 Votes
    9 Posts

Hi,

can anybody enlighten me as to how to use the spread sheet (Fig. 1 and p 260) in the TMS section, because i don´t understand the example given in the manual on how to calculate it.
    Since there are no performance charts to obtain the Flex temp let´s say, for the purpose of understanding the calculation, we go with 40°

So, let´s say we are in EGNM, wich has an elevation of 700 ft, Tamb is 1° and i want to go with a flex temp of 40.

image.png

d839af34-224e-4ca2-96bb-497e7024c3ff-image.png

what are steps 1-4 for, since in the box below that it does actually tell me for which temp difference i have to use which temp deduction...

b4c2e761-84c9-4c3a-94e2-6e3ddfe94b73-image.png

• EFB not working anymore

0 Votes
    2 Posts

Do you by any chance install the latest update a few days ago to the Horizon Simulations 787-9? I heard their update interfered with the BAe-146 (and a few other planes). Buy they seemed to have resolved the issue with a patch today.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Potable water

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@Mark I confirm "Auto Cabin Crew" is enabled in EFB.
    It might be helpful if the right cabin doors were opened automatically too during boarding, allowing the catering to be brought.

• How to Uninstall V2

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Thank you Mark. You certainly have helped me out here.

First of all, the FlightPlans folder. The location was the problem. The SimBrief Downloader stated path to the FlightPlans folder was wrong. It was headed out to the LocalCache/Packages/Community/justflight-aircraft-146/..., instead of the LocalState. I'm not sure how that happened. I have a suspicion it was a default path because I don't recall entering the path in the SimBrief Downloader. I've now changed it to the correct path and flight plans are now showing up in the UNS-1. Incidentally, you have the correct Microsoft store version path to the FlightPlans folder quoted in the UNS-1 FMS Ops Manual at page 22.

I have now downloaded "2b" and get the option to uninstall.

All's well now. Thank you again for your help.

Bruce R

• Engine sounds should fade/LPF with TAS/Alt

1 Votes
    4 Posts

Thanks @Mark ! Definitely intended as constructive feedback, as it’s one of the better sound sets out there for MSFS overall. For reference, typically the cutoff frequency for the LPF would start around the acceleration point at 10k ft, and slowly decrease (to around 100hz @12db/oct, as an estimate) up to around 20000ft as the TAS increases.

• DC Hydraulic Pump Not working for me.

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Ahh okay... Thanks for the fast anser :)
    This was new in the 2.0. Amazing the little this all little features... The Immersion of the 146 is amazing <3

• 1 Votes
    15 Posts

@tgp I've just been reading the FCOM to refresh my memory and VS mode should be disengaged when the pitch switch on the pedestal is moved. The aircraft will then enter PITCH mode and the aircraft's pitch can be controlled via a pitch switch (or MSFS control assignments). It looks like this is correctly simulated when actioning the pitch switch with the mouse, but not when using the control assignments. I've logged that on our internal bugs tracker to investigate further.

In the real aircraft, if you were climbing in VS mode, you would use the autopilot's SYNC facility to decouple the autopilot, adjust the aircraft's vertical speed manually, and then release the SYNC mode at the new vertical speed and the aircraft will continue to climb at that new vertical speed. The VS mode itself is a simple "VS HOLD" type mode and just holds the vertical speed that it was engaged at, so the vertical speed cannot be adjusted unless VS mode is disengaged or decoupled.

Hope that helps.

Mark - Just Flight

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

@neucoas Thank you for reporting this. We have logged this on our internal bugs/feature request tracker to investigate.

Mark - Just Flight

• MWS Dimming not working in 2.0

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 1 Votes
    7 Posts

I am experiencing the same.

RTX3060, Ryzen 5 5700X and 32GB of RAM. Happens with default and 3rd party airports.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts

@rondon9897 Are there any failure flags visible on the HSI when this occurs? If so, that would indicate the HSI isn't being supplied with electrical power, so it may be worth checking that both batteries and both avionics master switches are on the overhead panel. Even with a state selected, if some MSFS control assignments are being triggered that could prevent those switches from moving to the correct positions.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else could be causing that through the 146 itself. The 'Turnaround' logic is fairly simple logic and just sets the various cockpit switches in the correct position for a turnaround, it doesn't specifically touch anything to do with the course selectors.

If there are any error messages on the EFB such as 'loading aircraft' or 'license failure', then this would indicate a possible activation or simconnect issue that could also be preventing the 146 from initialising correctly.

Mark - Just Flight

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

@bringue2014 This sounds like it may be caused by an installation and/or activation issue. If you could kindly open a ticket with Just Flight support via the following link, they will be able to assist you with troubleshooting this: https://www.justflight.com/support

Mark - Just Flight

• V2 Marketplace Question

0 Votes
    2 Posts

Yes, the update is with MS for test and release.