146 Professional

551 Topics 2.8k Posts
  • SHIFT-Z?

0 Votes
    10 Posts

@martyn Thank for the feedback, just to be sure for the Piper Warrior also uses WASM for the autopilot controls?

• RNAV Approaches?

0 Votes
    2 Posts

Yes it can as long as you have the FMC enabled in the 146. Check the charts for the RNAV RWY27 there are two sets of minima. One for LP one for LNAV. Your 146 can only do LNAV (lateral navigation) not VNAV (vertical navigation) so you have to chose the higher minima of 760 feet LNAV option. You set the aircraft to follow the LNAV waypoints but you still have to manually descend the aircraft (no pressing approach button like modern aircraft). RNAV (or RNP) is not considered a precision approach so they have higher minimum descent altitudes than an ILS - I see there is a localiser approach to that runway so you could use that as an option and you would have a lower decision height of 680 feet if the weather was bad.

Cheers :)

• Topics not covered in the manual

2 Votes
    6 Posts

@genista said in Topics not covered in the manual:

Thanks a lot for sharing your answers !

If I may ask, I was wondering the following:

What is the technical reason behind the FCOM requirement to turn on ENG anti ice prior to engine start ? And why do we have to turn off the packs for startup despite starters being electrical ?

Is there any situation where the cabin/flight compartment fans would be turned off ?

ENG Anti-Ice is on during start for stall/surge protection. They're switched off after each start. We switch them back on when we shut down.

The Packs and APU air are switched off prior to start to reduce the overall load on the APU. When you're out in the sticks and the APU fails during a start, you've got problems...

The Cabin Air is generally left on 100% of the time. This may vary between operators. The Flight Deck Air is generally on when it's a hot day. But it's annoyingly noisy!

• RJ85/100 FO here with some suggestions

13 Votes
    14 Posts

@peterhemm It's the Ignighters which start the combustion process.

• Pressurization ceiling?

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@b3lt3r if cruising at or above F280. It's correct to set F280 on the Pressurisation controller.

• Unable to retract the stairs after deploying.

0 Votes
    6 Posts

good to know :-)

• GPU visibility

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • BAe-100: Flare Sensitivity & Porpoising

0 Votes
    6 Posts

Yes i agree, i do have the same issue... after touch down the front wheel is rising up.
    i think it is not "real" and it bothers me... a landing with "nose down trim" not the perfect solution ;)

Maybe developer is changing the aircraft behavior with a future update... ?

Greetings, Volker.

• Lights

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • SpadNext + HC Bravo Throttle Quadrant

0 Votes
    2 Posts

The closest I could get is using custom axis, THROTTLE2_SET, but the lever only travels from max to half way down.

axis.png

• BAe 146 Ultimate Cockpit Movie

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@el_barto Can't wait for the RJ100 in MSFS.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Inaccurate Digital Displays

0 Votes
    4 Posts

NGL I think I prefer the way MSFS displays the font currently, accuracy or not... it's easier to read imo.

• Fuel crossfeed

0 Votes
    10 Posts

@plhought keeping the feed tanks full is important, otherwise you can run into fuel starvation issues if the levels reduce too much in certain phases of flight. Ensuring motive flow is still operating is critical, hence we have the STBY pumps.

• 300 variant empty weight

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@martyn so the two compared weights were the ones in the manual and the ones on the justflight provided efb not anything to do with msfs weight management. I’m not about the maths I just need the correct numbers to stick on a sim brief profile so I don’t get weights mismatched. Thanks for the reply.

• IFR clearance for FMS flight plan

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Hi @martyn , thank you - was not aware of that option setting

• 3 Votes
    8 Posts

@b3lt3r
    In cruise, I use the TGT MODE with sync and dial in the value with the thumb wheels. Much more stable for me than moving the throttles

• Glideslope callouts

0 Votes
    2 Posts

Thanks Mike, this'll be fixed in the next update

• Plane bobbing in level flight

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Yeah, you may be right. I just haven't noticed it at all flying smaller, twin engines planes. I have flown the bigger commercial jets (747, 787, A320, and the 737 a few times and didn't noticed it on them as well. So I was surprised when I experienced the bobbing on the 146. My last flight with the new PMDG 737 was absolutely smooth. Every flight I've taken with the BAE 146 bobbed away at level flight using AP. I did think to myself if it could be related to the trim on the 146.

Perhaps, I've missed a detail/setting in preparing the plane for flying that may be contributing to this. I'm still in the mode of simply jumping into the plane and taking off. I'm starting to get more technical with certain checklist, but I'm not there yet. It's easier to do with a little C-172.

I was looking through the 146 manual last night and did notice, the AP buttons, submodes, etc, seem to be a bit more involved than with the smaller planes(not suprising). So, I still have much to learn. I do almost exclusively, use the MSFS Mobile Companion App to help me set up some of the basic AP controls rather than using the instrument panel. It's a great little app in that regard.

Anyway, I'll continue to read, watch and experiment to further my knowledge of the 146.

Ona a side note... Back in the late 80's doing consulting work, I got to fly on a lot of planes(understatement), and many times it was a BAE 146. I wasn't into siming at the time, but always enjoyed the ride in the 146. It's a cool little 4-engine jet. So when I heard Just Flight was releasing it, I knew it would end up in my hanger! :)

• Approach vectors and FMC route

0 Votes
    23 Posts

@jmarkows No I haven't seen this one yet I'll check it out. Thanks v much!