146 Professional

573 Topics 2.8k Posts
  • Possible pressurization bugs

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Indeed. But this does not change anything in scenario 2: start in SCCF at 7600', initial cabin pressure will be at 0', which is unexpected, and you can open the doors using EFB despite the 3.5 PSI diff pressure.

As for scenario 1, this is by no means a serious problem but I believe the model should behave reasonably realistic even outside normal operating conditions. JF went as far as to implement manual pressurization control, which is awesome, and the ALT needle behaves as expected but the delta-P needle does not. This should be quite easy to fix.

• Feedback for the team

3 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • EFB request

0 Votes
    2 Posts

I too have the same request, either powering the EFB back on using the 'home' button on the virtual efb/ipad or unhiding the EFB using the compass deviation card returns the EFB back to full brightness which can be a little annoying during my night VR flights.

• Are more failures by chance on the roadmap?

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Master Warning/Caution button command.

1 Votes
    4 Posts

Funny I was trying to bind them today, no wonder I couldn’t make it work 🤣

• 1 Votes
    9 Posts

A guy who's dad is an ex RJ pilot said that taking off with it engaged would trigger the TO Config warning.

Nonetheless it should then be controllable still when moving the controls. When I eventually got airborne due to the trim pushing me airborne I had no control input authority at all. The locks acted like there was a gust lock in place that was unremovable. Back down on the ground after slewing down again I could disengage it by pressing the microphone again.

As long as it's possible to remove it once you notice it's set by mistake that is fine. Right now that does not work when airborne for instance.

• ALT selection

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Pressurization question

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@madmaxqcz You did have the packs turned ON?............................and completed the airs change-over?

• .ini File Options List

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@martyn Thank you very much. :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

• LNAV just all over the place

0 Votes
    6 Posts

@martyn I apologize for the last post. I see I used the BLoc instead of the V/L button. After flying the route again today, I realized my mistake.

• Simbrief ID Reset

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@hrdejong I was able to figure it out the day I posted on the forum. Thank you for your help and happy flying :) !

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts

@b3lt3r Thanks to both of you. For your support and advice. After deleting it in safe mode and downloading it again, there are no problems left.

Best regards and safe flight.

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts

@summerman The only way to keep climbing with constat speed is using IAS hold. In this way the autopilot controls the vertical speed to maintain it constant adjusting the vertical speed. if you use VS all the way up, somewhen the airplane will stall and the climb is further not possible.
    After takeoff fly by hand looking to accelerate until 210 or 220 Kt and then pres IAS hold and engage AP. It should work fine.

• Realistic mcdu and G750

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@caldeira Yeah they are going to add two of them eventually if I remember correctly. I think they said it would be the UNS-1 and the G750 at some point. Not sure which would be first though and no time frame. The WT one works fine though for what it is, loading flight plans and selecting SID/STARS and so on.

• Nosewheel Steering

3 Votes
    12 Posts
    1k Views

Is it possible to have the aircraft recognise ground contact and and allow rudder pedals to control the nose wheel without rudder interaction at low taxi speeds?

• EFB request to the devs

3 Votes
    4 Posts

Is there a possibility of allowing notes to be added using a mouse for VR users?

• Question about updates in Marketplace

0 Votes
    4 Posts

I have a number of products from JF from the scary days when no msfs was out 🤣 for this reason I continue to buy direct so I can keep to track of stuff easier.
    Another plus is JF are awesome enough to email me regarding new updates.

• DC PUMP / SAVE State

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@magdalina That will be added in the next update

• Nose Wheel Steering vs Rudder

0 Votes
    5 Posts

Thank you both for your replies!

• 4 Votes
    4 Posts

On the 146 the weight is kinda seperate from the Flex calculation.

What does change is your take off distance and V1 as you'll likely be taking longer to roll/climb etc etc. Until someone makes a publically available take off calculator just gonna have to use the brain a bit.

There is no chart or limitation for payload vs. a flex power setting.

In practice - at the operator I'm familiar with - taking off with a light load or a very long runway in the winter, is the only time flex power was used in the 146. Most of the time come spring/summer the engine was already limited to a reduced N1 as you see in the above charts. So any kind of wear and tear benefit was miniscule.

On the Avro the TMP makes things little easier, and the better performance calculating and engine condition monitoring tools (Engine Life Computer) make the REDU thrust takeoffs used a lot more.