146 Professional

555 Topics 2.8k Posts
  • Co-Pilot callouts

3 Votes
    12 Posts

@martyn Oh one minor possible QOL thing perhaps, could the announcements in the EFB be ordered by phase of flight, like arm, take off, release, landing, disarm? Very minor quibble of mine.

• Baggage Area Weight

0 Votes
    6 Posts

@jmarkows We use the standard 170 lbs per passenger weight.

• Paint Kit

• 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • More FMS Features ?

1 Votes
    10 Posts

@martyn Heh... zee button, it does nothink.

If/when you guys add the GTN750 (it is that which the fire fighters used right?) I wonder, if like the paid version of the 750 mod, it would work with it since I think that has some sort of VNAV calculations. Which I presume the real version of the 750 has? Unless its only new iteration that weren't around for the 146.

• 2 Votes
    5 Posts

We're constrained somewhat by the MSFS FDE but we are closely simulating TGTs that are based on real-world data and feedback from our 146 pilots, and the TGTs will be higher in v0.1.3.

• The EFB isn't accepting fuel/weight by keyboard

1 Votes
    11 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback.

We are working to fix the input issues now.

• Tutorial Flight Plan?

5 Votes
    10 Posts

@razalom Not included in my build but the tutorial beginning Page 181 of the manual does allow you to create a flight plan

• Flaps

0 Votes
    7 Posts

@brakesnoreverse Many thanks for your detailed suggestion! Will give it a try. Thanks!
    PS: I already did try and it worked well! Thanks!

• JustFlight Discord

7 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Tuning NAV2?

0 Votes
    5 Posts

Thank you @bburkley .
    I was aware of the navigation selector button and its functions.

I just was not able to turn the NAV2 radio ON, but @N293WK set me straight and pointed me in the right direction in the post above.
    Thanks again.
    Roberto

• Honeycomb Bravo proifle

1 Votes
    5 Posts

@fresnojay1976
    yep....I literally did nothing and it just worked!

• Radio Navaids not working?

0 Votes
    6 Posts

@bearviation As I told @MartijnCoenen, everything appears to be working but I have only been flying the 146 since I removed the folder from my Community. At least I'm not the only person whom these Navigraph files have been causing issues with. I had to triple check it beforeI confirmed this folder was causing the Naiads issue. Maybe it's to do with what order you install software and something gets overwritten or corrupted? Who knows, if I run into problems with Navigraph functionality with other aircraft I will go down your route with deletion and reinstallation.

• General question re VOR planning

1 Votes
    2 Posts

@b3lt3r How it's done IRL: ATC tells you where to go.

In lieu of ATC, I'd choose a published departure and arrival if available (non-RNAV), and just connect them with VORs and high-altitude airways. You don't have to follow airways, though they do help guarantee VOR reception.

• Digital readouts

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Same with the DME and GND SPD readouts. Using a fixed-width font would eliminate the constant jumping.

LOVE this plane! Having so much fun with it. A LOT of work!

• Auto Pilot Alarm

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@martyn Yes, I can see the warning, but only if I am looking at the warning panel. The alarm is the same volume as other warnings and the co-pilot only talks to me some of the time. I just landed at EDDK and the co-pilot made no calls, except to announce the capture of the Glide Slope.
    This isn't a deal-breaker and as I am gaining experience on the aircraft it is becoming less of a problem. But I would still like my co-pilot to talk to me when he should.

• Tca throttle settings still not right.

0 Votes
    8 Posts

@martyn just seen that message. I have been through the works trying to find this folder. Following your route takes me to works folder which contains a single notepad file titled userinfo which containes licence details of myself and thats it.

• Altitude Hold

0 Votes
    4 Posts

We've not experienced this issue. Can you confirm the altitude and altimeter baro setting when this occurs?

• FMC black

0 Votes
    4 Posts

This isn't something that we've seen during testing. Please submit a support ticket so we can investigate further.

• A/P in Vertical Mode

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@jmarkows I am terribly embarrassed to say that I soon realized that I had totally forgotten the operation of this great airplane.

Just completed a full flight.

It was done after watching a few more videos to remember how "really" this airplane flies.

You "tell" it what to do. It doesn't "understand" what you "want" it to do.

You tell it "I want you to keep this IAS or V/S", and it does.

You can't tell it "I want you to get to that IAS or V/S". It's electronics were not that sophisticated.

Other than a "so-so" landing, it was fun to finally accomplish a full flight.

The only issue in VR (which I fly exclusively if I can) as in the past, is the inability to reach some instruments/buttons/dials (ie altimeters barometer dials 🙄) with the mouse.

Controllers don't work well at all.

It is not JustFlight's fault. We can only hope that Asobo will soon address VR in more detail.

Thanks again.
    Roberto