TBM 850

207 Topics 1.1k Posts
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • TBM 850 Mode & Flaps?

0 Votes
    10 Posts

@HardCat55 Thank you for your reply. That's exactly what I thought. I often use spadnext to access the LVARs. But I haven't mastered writing scripts yet.

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • AP not flying coordinated

0 Votes
    4 Posts

@zenit_swe said in AP not flying coordinated:

Is it normal that the AP can't fly coordinated when there's a side wind component? I haven't made that many flights yet but it always struggles to keep the ball centered both when turning and enroute.

At´re You looking at the "Mechanical" slip ball beneath the EFIS or the Turncoordinator on the EFIS (3 hollow boxes with a filled T below them ?

The 3 hollow boxes and the T is the turn coordinator ie. depicts when You are flying a standard 2 min Turn (360° in 2 mins)

The "Ball in a Tube" mechanical Slip indicator is the one that indicates wether You fly coordinated or not.

• 2 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 1 Votes
    3 Posts

@enrique Thank you for pointing out! Going straight into my spad.next :)

• Can we have dual GTN 750?

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@mad_x the radar can move above the XPDR to the right. Or it can go completely, as avionics are hot-swappable and you can always flick a switch to bring it up again.

Or the second GTN 750 can go above the XPDR as well. And if the GTN 750 doesn't fit there, then the GTN 650 (also included in PMS and TDS GTN 750) surely will.

• Trim key bindings work when they shouldn't

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@ape42 wow, thank you, this is exactly what I was hoping for!

• HSI/GPS Mode Not Working

0 Votes
    9 Posts
  • Persistance feature

9 Votes
    3 Posts

I would like to add OAT display mode to the list, that one is always set to Fahrenheit.

• Panel state not saved

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@wothan Thanks for this advise ;-)

• pms750 update plus WTT to fix LPV

3 Votes
    5 Posts

@flying_drunkard Thanks a lot, the WTT package was missing. Now everything works!

• Drifting on fast takeoff roll

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@jetnoise Wind wasn't bad, in one case maybe 6kt with only a light side component and mostly headwind. Control is with pedals. As I accelerate the plane down the runway (way too fast), I'll eventually feel that it wants to yaw off to the side, and even a very slight correction will send it careening off the opposite way. The pedals aren't set up with an extreme curve or anything and work smoothly otherwise, it's just that moment in the life of an 850 that gets exciting.

• 2 Votes
    2 Posts

With essentially a 3-position selector, the low idle position could easily take the middle 90% of the axis, and only 0-5% would be cutoff and 95-100% as high idle. That would make it much easier to hit, and it's not like in the Kodiak where you need to torque in the air condition in low idle :-D

• My thoughts on the TBM850 atfer a few days

3 Votes
    4 Posts

@voice-of-reason
    Great response, it's already a fantastic aircraft in my opinion, so I'm excited to see how it develops - thanks to Black Square for his hard work so far

• Paint kit?

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Lost of power

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Pitot Heat Switches

0 Votes
    4 Posts

Thank you "usul" and "pedwards"
    I had assignments to pitot tubes on both the keyboard and Honeycomb Bravo.
    I deleted them both.
    I fly exclusively in VR, and I try to have all assignments deleted to be able to manipulate buttons/switches/rotaries with the mouse.
    Thanks again!
    Regards,
    Roberto

• CWS yoke button / EADI mode

0 Votes
    2 Posts

CWS is not a function of GPS unit, it's a function of autopilot. In our case - KFC325 unit. Here is the screen from the docs for 700/850 version (from here) . Moreoover, when I press CWS button on the yoke, EADI correctly indicates it with white "CWS" annunciators, but apparently it just has no effect on AP afterwards (and even when CWS is pushed in, the AP is still actively flying the plane)

96bd09a6-6034-479b-b6cc-8f9233c8098a-image.png

• Spad Next Honeycomb A/B