TBM 850

207 Topics 1.1k Posts
  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts

@laurreth so this is like in RL too? I did not know that....thanks for pointing it out.

• TBM850, Was it even Beta tested?

Moved
    -9 Votes
    3 Posts

@jetpro same thing happened to me, just unbind hardware like bravo throttle etc. from pitot and in my case avionics master on/off to fix the problem

• How to open the cabin door in the TBM?

0 Votes
    6 Posts

@rhinozherous ok i will try it. Thx

• Did I just hear this?

Moved
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • TBM850 Prop Characteristics

Moved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts

@rbringh looking at a PIM/POH/whatever, it looks like RPM is only really changed during run-up to exercise the prop, and during cruise to reduce noise at mostly negligible impact on all other parameters. As long as you change Np slowly, it doesn't have a large impact on overall torque in the sim, but quick changes will do something. There's also a torque limiter at work when you aren't in 850 Mode that makes everything but torque regulate to remain safe, and in 850 Mode where the limiter is inactive, I really don't know what's even going on.

A footnote on Np in a performance table (all tables are made for 2000 RPM...):

Propeller RPM utilization between 1600 and 2000 RPM is possible without changing performance. Display the TRQ indicated in table with Np = 2000 RPM, then reduce Np without exceeding 121.4 % TRQ.

That pretty much looks a bit like leaning, but for noise, and some Socata Magic.

• New BSQ TBM850 EFIS Issue

Moved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts

@derek its all good mate - sorted. Jase

• BSQ TBM beta range transition

Moved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts

@eker
    Watching both the Justflight info video, and 737ng driver detailed test flight, there is no restriction in low prop rpm area.
    Without gates in our hardware throttles, I am glad BS simplified the beta range, in ground fine pitch (in air) you certainly hit the wall and drop out of the sky. Excellent decision by the developers..