146 Professional

564 Topics 2.8k Posts
  • Honeycomb Bravo proifle

1 Votes
    5 Posts

@fresnojay1976
    yep....I literally did nothing and it just worked!

• Radio Navaids not working?

0 Votes
    6 Posts

@bearviation As I told @MartijnCoenen, everything appears to be working but I have only been flying the 146 since I removed the folder from my Community. At least I'm not the only person whom these Navigraph files have been causing issues with. I had to triple check it beforeI confirmed this folder was causing the Naiads issue. Maybe it's to do with what order you install software and something gets overwritten or corrupted? Who knows, if I run into problems with Navigraph functionality with other aircraft I will go down your route with deletion and reinstallation.

• General question re VOR planning

1 Votes
    2 Posts

@b3lt3r How it's done IRL: ATC tells you where to go.

In lieu of ATC, I'd choose a published departure and arrival if available (non-RNAV), and just connect them with VORs and high-altitude airways. You don't have to follow airways, though they do help guarantee VOR reception.

• Digital readouts

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Same with the DME and GND SPD readouts. Using a fixed-width font would eliminate the constant jumping.

LOVE this plane! Having so much fun with it. A LOT of work!

• Auto Pilot Alarm

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@martyn Yes, I can see the warning, but only if I am looking at the warning panel. The alarm is the same volume as other warnings and the co-pilot only talks to me some of the time. I just landed at EDDK and the co-pilot made no calls, except to announce the capture of the Glide Slope.
    This isn't a deal-breaker and as I am gaining experience on the aircraft it is becoming less of a problem. But I would still like my co-pilot to talk to me when he should.

• Tca throttle settings still not right.

0 Votes
    8 Posts

@martyn just seen that message. I have been through the works trying to find this folder. Following your route takes me to works folder which contains a single notepad file titled userinfo which containes licence details of myself and thats it.

• Altitude Hold

0 Votes
    4 Posts

We've not experienced this issue. Can you confirm the altitude and altimeter baro setting when this occurs?

• FMC black

0 Votes
    4 Posts

This isn't something that we've seen during testing. Please submit a support ticket so we can investigate further.

• A/P in Vertical Mode

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@jmarkows I am terribly embarrassed to say that I soon realized that I had totally forgotten the operation of this great airplane.

Just completed a full flight.

It was done after watching a few more videos to remember how "really" this airplane flies.

You "tell" it what to do. It doesn't "understand" what you "want" it to do.

You tell it "I want you to keep this IAS or V/S", and it does.

You can't tell it "I want you to get to that IAS or V/S". It's electronics were not that sophisticated.

Other than a "so-so" landing, it was fun to finally accomplish a full flight.

The only issue in VR (which I fly exclusively if I can) as in the past, is the inability to reach some instruments/buttons/dials (ie altimeters barometer dials 🙄) with the mouse.

Controllers don't work well at all.

It is not JustFlight's fault. We can only hope that Asobo will soon address VR in more detail.

Thanks again.
    Roberto

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • MobiFlight

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • LTBH Canakkale: No STARs

0 Votes
    5 Posts

Thank you;
    Yes, I have this installed, and it offers navdata for the sim, in-sim chart update, and navdata specific to the CRJ.

• Joystick and Flaps control

2 Votes
    5 Posts

@plhought Thanks to clear this up, new to the BAE146 so i didn't know that system was there.

• DME: Is it working?

0 Votes
    6 Posts

Thank you Martin, I appreciate your reply.
    The approaches consist of a NDB/DME at Sligo and a LOC/DME at Donegal, no VOR/DME at either location.
    I perhaps should have mentioned that I can receive all navaids as well as perform both approaches in the EMB110.
    I did, however, fly the ILS RW04 into LTBH Canakkale earlier, and the DME was definitely working OK.

• Location flightplan

1 Votes
    2 Posts

@capt-pip Nobody here has found it as far as I'm aware, it must have been overlooked.

Easy enough to just load up onto any stand at EGJJ and just go, though.

• Alt knob turning speed

0 Votes
    2 Posts

You can click-and-hold your left mouse button to let it go faster. On the left side of the knob to decrese, right side to increase.

• Turn on GPS Nav

1 Votes
    2 Posts

Did you read the manual? ;-)
    1:- No, you don't even need to download or export from Simbrief as the 146 can get it from Simbrief itself :)
    2:- You need to enable "GPS" flight, or R NAV. There is a nice little button for this:
    alt text
    3:- Enable LNAV alt text (lateral navigation)

To load the Simbrief flightplan I recommend this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgZGR0huR18
    The same process as SB if you really like the MSFS flight plan, but the option below it.

• Better Checklists

1 Votes
    9 Posts

@jmarkows Mine are still a work in progress - I see a couple of goofs in there now. My intention is to try to minimize the back-and-forth between the different areas - do as much as you can on one panel before moving on to another - I hate swinging back and forth for 1 or two things if I can avoid it, and basically get a checklist that can get you from Cold & Dark to the taxiway in 10 minutes or so without having to cheat by Auto-completing checklists. I did the same for the CRJ and it works nice.

• MSFS BAE146 MSFS Version vs XP11 Version

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Could not engage AP

0 Votes
    7 Posts