146 Professional

562 Topics 2.8k Posts
  • CROSSWIND EFFECTS ON LANDING AND TAKE OFF

1 Votes
    5 Posts

@galeair Good to know because wind is so poorly implemented in the sim as a whole.

• Bae146 Normal Checklist and Performance Data

0 Votes
    4 Posts

@hama said in Bae146 Normal Checklist and Performance Data:

@galeair Just an idea: Maybe it works when you put them all together in a .zip archive.

We can't host zips, exes or other files on our forum for obvious reasons and there is a 1MB limit on screenshots.

• BAe146 Performance: Book Figures?

0 Votes
    9 Posts

@ronald
    Well as you like them so much I will see if I can send the full set. I seem to be limited to one at a time:
    146-Checklist Cover.jpg

• Upgrade price 146 RJ?

0 Votes
    4 Posts

@voice-of-reason said in Upgrade price 146 RJ?:

@pm_pilot Yes but not if purchased from the marketplace as they have no mechanic to be able to make that happen. But from our site and other third party vendors the answer is yes.

Hello
    When do you plan to release the RJ version ?
    Thanks
    Franck

• Active Pause causing loss of authority

0 Votes
    4 Posts

@clevatreva You are very welcome. I'm glad if it works.

• Saving light panel states?

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@clevatreva I do nit think that you can save this in the 146.
    But if you use Axis And Ohs for mapping the funktions to your hardware, you can make a script which will set these values at start.

• More 146 Liveries for MSFS?

0 Votes
    2 Posts

Nevermind - I found a boat load on flightsim.to :grinning_face:

• AP disconnect logic

0 Votes
    9 Posts

I use the IAS soon after the gear retracts and I establish a climb speed, at which time the IAS button will hold the airspeed by adjusting the VS rate of climb. So in order to climb at a specific VS, sometimes the throttles need to be pulled back. If not, you can find the aircraft climbing at an excessive rate of climb. Similarly, the VS will hold the rate of climb or descent once established with the pitch toggle switch next to the AP switch on the console. In sum, I use IAS only after takeoff in order to establish correct climb speed, and the VS when I descend and want to stick to a specific rate of descent.

• Printed Start up procedures?

0 Votes
    4 Posts

@alh Both very good, thank you. :)

• EFB Maps causing control lockups?

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Another lockup - this time loading in a saved flight plan - this one from Navigraph.

Aircraft is unflyable, Pitch axis disabled on joystick. I'm starting the flight on the runway so it should be good to go, right? No amount of fiddling can bring it to life. :(

Why am I overweight? Navigraph didn't ask me to enter weight.

alt text

• AIRBRAKE

0 Votes
    4 Posts

@clevatreva You are pretty right, it is the spoilers mapping.
    So on a Button you have to map Toggle Spoilers and on an axis it is Spoilers Axis.

• Engine and APU Sounds

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@failcold said in Engine and APU Sounds:

Hello JF Team, just wondering if you had any input on the above mention sound queries? Thanks!

No current plans to change the sound unless there is something specific that you think needs fixing? If so, raise a Support ticket and we can look into it.

• Navigraph integration issues

0 Votes
    2 Posts

this seems to have fixed itself yesterday

• CAN WE PERMANENTLY DELETE THE COCKPIT CO PILOT

0 Votes
    6 Posts

@rbringh this method works.
    Thank you very much !

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • I want this aircraft SO badly...

0 Votes
    12 Posts

@clevatreva And what is about an update for the 146, please?

• Plane stopped responding to all controls

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@Erebus66 Excellent TED Talk, thank you :-)

All I can add is that this behavioural outcome is not confined to the 146 (I've never had it on that) but I have experienced it on the PMDG 737. Maybe twice in total with no clear trigger - I also don't use active pause and try to avoid esc in sim because when I resume I tend to find flaps and spoilers fully extended...

My TED is shorter - "Any pause bad".

I'm available for bookings :-)

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • EFB Problem

1 Votes
    15 Posts

I get the same issue also with none or partial retrieval of info from Simbrief even when using the correct airframe selection.

Says 'Loading...'

The SUMMARY gets populated but the METAR and OFP OUTPUT are not populated and there is no prompt to import Simbrief info for loading the aircraft with PAX and CARGO on the AIRCRAFT page on the EFB

• Weather Radar

1 Votes
    2 Posts

JF suggest that for the forthcoming RJ, their “plan” would be to incorporate a WXR.
    I’m hopeful that if they do, then this will be trickled down to the BAe146. I’ll try to hold off from buying the RJ until a WXR is confirmed and seen in the wild.
    Of course there’s no guarantee of the above, even with my argument about the WXR present in the Cessna C208 and KingAir B350 analogue variants.
    Essentially, I suggest that the BAe146 and KA B350 both operate at much the same altitudes, so if the WXR present in the analogue variant is good enough for one, then it should be good enough for the other.
    And once Asobo upgrade to full WXR API, then we should see WXR implementation in all decent products. Until then, all such products are somewhat obviously a shade less than “Professional”.
    For the record, I am a self-confessed WXR junkie; ever since the standalone CS Weather Radar product was released in FSX, I’ve felt the need to press for WXR functionality because of the accuracy of atmospheric representation within our simulator platforms, be it native or purchased as payware. The rendition of the atmosphere is a feature that we all enjoy, besides, one simply cannot fly without it.
    It is the raison d’etre.