146 Professional

626 Topics 3.1k Posts
  • ON SMKG label on the overhead

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@jmarkows BAe Demonstrator (I believe the version they used in the first videos)

• Thank you and Congratulations!

3 Votes
    2 Posts

@toneking77 said in Thank you and Congratulations!:

Just purchased the 146... the first aircraft I've purchased for MSFS, and I've had the Sim since release day! Just hadn't seen any planes that I wanted to buy (plus the freeware planes have been fun to checkout). Been watching development of the 146 and knew it was a guaranteed buy for me. I'm so glad you picked this aircraft to develop!

The purchase, download and install processes went very smoothly, no problems at all. Congratulations on a successful release😊

First flight went well, just a quick casual flight. No flight plan or realistic procedures followed, just a fun, quick flight to take a look. Very cool! I've downloaded the PDF manual and look forward to learning all about this beauty😊

Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into bringing the 146 to life. Greatly appreciated!

Michael Roberts
    Baltimore, MD. USA (KBWI)
    "Pops McDaddyo" on the MSFS Forums

+1 on that. Incredible work. Flew the 146 in XP11, now that masterpiece, very well working, in MSFS is incredible.

• PMS 750 compatibility

-2 Votes
    6 Posts

I don't know if you noticed, but JF said in another post that the 750 is installed in some fire fighting versions of the aircraft and they plan to add it as an option after release.

So there you go, it is used in real life 146s...

• Congrats on Release!

3 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • FMS SID/STAR

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • In-Development Preview: Test Flight (04/03/22)

1 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views

So we've reached the third and final part of this week's extensive development update for the 146 Professional where we see Martyn approaching and landing at Bournemouth (EGHH). Follow closely with the aid of the shots and accompanying text.

1st shot - With Bournemouth Airport now in view to the south, we can get ourselves positioned for the ILS runway 08 approach.

alt text

2nd shot - Instrument flood and integral lighting, and the movable sill light fitted to the glareshield are just some of the cockpit lighting options, all fully-dimmable.

alt text

3rd shot - We’ll start our descent as Poole Harbour comes into view. The light being reflected off the overhead panel demonstrates the stunning detail that we’re able to achieve in MSFS.

alt text

4th shot - During descent we can restart the APU and configure the TMS. Selecting DESC (descent) mode on the TMS ensures that the engine N2s remain sufficiently high to supply the required bleed air for pressurisation and anti-icing. The speeds card is automatically updated based on the current aircraft weight, and clicking on it automatically sets the speed bugs on the ASIs, and the engine instrument bugs to the relevant TMS values.

alt text

5th shot - Levelling off at 2200ft, we begin our turn to intercept the ILS. GSL (glideslope) and V/L (VOR LOC) modes are armed on the autopilot, as confirmed by the flight annunciators above the altimeter.

alt text

6th shot - Established on the localiser, we can start to reduce airspeed in anticipation of glideslope capture. The flight deck is equipped with a jump seat whose view is shown here. We’ve included a variety of camera presets for the interior and exterior views.

alt text

7th shot - Passengers in front of the wing have a great and unique view of Poole Harbour on the approach.

alt text

8th shot - The view from the front isn’t bad either!

alt text

9th shot - Another unique aspect of 146 operations is coming in over the fence with the distinctive tail-mounted airbrake extended, providing excellent speed control.

alt text

10th shot - Touchdown! The wing-mounted lift dumpers can be extended with weight on the wheels. In combination with the brakes, the 146 has excellent stopping power for short field operations such as London City.

alt text

11th & final shot - We end our test flight parked at Bournemouth’s terminal building, from where this roof-top shot was taken. We’ll leave the aircraft in its turnaround state with the brake fans running, ahead of our return to Southampton.

alt text

Thanks for joining me on this quick test flight in the latest 146 beta build. Just like the real aircraft, our 146 is a joy to hand-fly in MSFS. The mixture of ‘old and new’ technology, unique configuration and operations, and stunning visuals and true-to-life Wwise sounds combine to make an incredibly immersive experience!

Keep an eye out as we share more previews of our 146 in the coming weeks. The other variants will soon be added (including the QC/QT freighter and RAF VIP configurations), along with some new liveries to reflect current operators.