146 Professional

574 Topics 2.9k Posts
  • 4 Votes
    4 Posts

On the 146 the weight is kinda seperate from the Flex calculation.

What does change is your take off distance and V1 as you'll likely be taking longer to roll/climb etc etc. Until someone makes a publically available take off calculator just gonna have to use the brain a bit.

There is no chart or limitation for payload vs. a flex power setting.

In practice - at the operator I'm familiar with - taking off with a light load or a very long runway in the winter, is the only time flex power was used in the 146. Most of the time come spring/summer the engine was already limited to a reduced N1 as you see in the above charts. So any kind of wear and tear benefit was miniscule.

On the Avro the TMP makes things little easier, and the better performance calculating and engine condition monitoring tools (Engine Life Computer) make the REDU thrust takeoffs used a lot more.

• v0.1.4 Observed reactions

0 Votes
    7 Posts

@martyn I believe I had or still have an open ticket about that, if that helps at all.

• Key binding for IAS mode

1 Votes
    10 Posts

@tatar We encountered an issue with MSFS/SimConnect which Asobo have now provided a solution for. If that works then that will be fixed in the next update.

• IAS Annunciator Cap vs FO

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@peterhemm Thanks for the report. This'll be fixed in the next update.

• MSFS FlightPlans

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@b3lt3r

Thx for your repy - I am currently in the process of moving from a condo to a retirement home and have little time for simming right now. I will try your suggestions when I get a chance and get back here

regards
    Nigel

• v0.1.3 AP Problems

0 Votes
    42 Posts
    1k Views

@martyn Using the replacement gauge, did few flights using just the FCU, the Bravo and/or a combination of the two. It appears to be working for the most part, was able to descend/ascend in VS or IAS and switch between the two with nothing crazy happening.

But there is something odd with using the Bravo's IAS mode. It doesn't seem to want to hold the speed properly some times, one time it just gradually kept pitching up until it lost near all speed, the next it worked fine. It also doesn't change the indicators from VS to IAS on the FCU using the button on the Bravo, and can't switch to IAS without VS being on first. Its bound to Toggle Autopilot Flight Level Change.

As an aside, when you use the SYNC mode, to set like a vertical speed, will the plane pull itself towards the original vertical speed before settling back down to the new speed? It's something I've noticed during climb mostly, when pushing the nose down to build some speed before climbing again.

Sorry if this is rambling a bit, wrote it at like 2:30am,

Edit: Okay I think I worked out what was happening, on my keyboard IAS mode was set to Alt, and only Alt... I have no idea how that happened.

• Altitude performance

0 Votes
    11 Posts

@martyn Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try also that.

• Update v0.1.4

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@hrdejong said in Update v0.1.4:

@ross1562 it is that page that you access from the "orders", the file Install_146Pro_MSFS_0.1.4.zip of about 2.8 Gigabytes. This is the full installer, there is no separate update file to the latest version. What I mean is that this download includes all the fixes from previous versions, so also the 0.1.3 ones.

Yes.

Perfect, thank you.

• Interior cabin

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@retiredman93231
    Ahhh.....I understand now!
    I already guessed, that would be a misunderstanding by me.
    Thank you Sir!^^

• Simbrief profiles

2 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • navaid audio

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@jmarkows thanks for the tip. Yes, I am using navigraph (current cycle). I tried ADF1, ADF2 and NAV1 with no success ... but I haven't tried NAV2 yet.

• 0 Votes
    8 Posts

The command assignment/binding shown in the screenshot below will duplicate the yoke AP button functionality, which is used to engage the GA mode, when the autopilot is OFF. The GA mode can be disengaged with FS Bars switch, or by pressing SYNC twice. Page 31 of the JF-146 manual explains the GA mode operation.

Screenshot 2022-05-29 091214.jpg

• MSFS 146 Navdata Update

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@jmarkows didn't process the "From Scratch" version wasn't yet out. I probably did miss the roadmap somewhere. They plan to add things still so. It's really nice.

Many thanks for your answer.

• Navigraph Intergration

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@martyn Awesome news thanks for that confirmation Martyn.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • BAE146 RUNWAY PERFORMANCE

3 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views

I have now carried out the following adjustments to the Performance Spreadsheet:

Adjusted the Bae146 weights to more closely match those of the Just Flight aircraft. Amended the Flex temp calculation, following initial flight testing of the Bae146 versions. Corrected an error in the flex temp calculation of the EASY version of the spreadsheet.

I have just released the new version PERF06 of the spreadsheet:

https://flightsim.to/file/24722/aircraft-runway-performance-spreadsheet

I will be carrying out further performance testing and will amend the calculations again if required.
    I am extremely pleased with the way Just Flight are updating the aircraft, and the speed with which they are acting to correct any minor bugs that occur. If only Microsoft could adopt the same policy....

• Iffy Navaids

1 Votes
    6 Posts

@the-sledge There are many different classes and types of VOR and NDB stations with different power and range limitations, so it's important to determine the type and range of the VOR or NDB you are trying to use.

Based on the information below, Wolverhampton (108.6) is a low power DME, intended only for terminal area navigation. And, the Wolverhampton NDB (356) is also low power and used for terminal area navigation only... The MSFS Map also shows WOL (108.6) with a DME symbol and DME description.

https://ourairports.com/navaids/WOL/Wolverhampton_DME_GB/
    https://ourairports.com/navaids/WBA/Wolverhampton_NDB_GB/

This might be a useful reference website for the area you are flying in...
    https://ourairports.com/countries/GB/navaids/list.html?start=150&show=&sort=
    http://www.pilotfriend.com/flightplanning/flight planning/uk_navaids1.htm

• Update 0.1.3 question

0 Votes
    19 Posts
    1k Views

@sbanks75 said in Update 0.1.3 question:

Greetings, I updated yesterday and did a quick IFR flight and saw a couple of strange issues and wondered if anyone else saw them..

I set my final flight level for FL240 but the autopilot stopped short at about 23,600 ft. I’d moved to standard pressure and thought it may be something to do with that, but I think it also happened in the climb, I had to manually adjust to altimeter to a bit over the target alt to get it to work

In my descent, the autopilot sync with VS set went really weird. Hit the sync button, set my descent rate, hit sync again… and the autopilot tried to climb. Alt was set and armed appropriately. Tried it again during approach and it worked fine but I had what would have been a very unpleasant experience for my virtual passengers!

Last one, could not arm glide slope capture on final. Was in nav mode, and the ILS lateral nav captured fine, but had to fly it manually

Anyone seem similar issues. I am definitely not ruling out user error but the plane AP seemed to behave very differently

Thanks. That aside I loved the rest of the updates. The cockpit lighting felt really great and the EFB changes are awesome

First one (maybe others too) should be fixed with the just released 0.1.4 version.

• Manual Checklists

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@jmarkows

Prob not 100% what you’re after but I downloaded this from flightsim.to and printed it and it’s been very helpful

https://flightsim.to/file/31731/bae-146-checklist-procedures-quickview

• Loud Cockpit

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@martyn

thanks for your response. I tried changing cockpit fan and packs, but didn't notice any sound difference at all in flight. I tried moving the engines from full throttle to idle and back and it's definitely the engines making the majority of the roar noise in the cockpit. I don't know if this is how it's supposed to but just reporting my opinion on it. Cheers.

P.D. I tried to record some videos to demonstrate what I mean but my iphone sound quality isn't very good so it's hard to tell the difference in loudness, but it's a lot for me.

Front & back:
    https://streamable.com/bnl2in

Engines full & idle:
    https://streamable.com/6ir29z