747 Classic

57 Topics 646 Posts
  • 747 book

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views

There is also a Toronto Canada to Heathrow one from the same company. there are several in the series From the Flight Deck. Good reading
    Jim
    CYWG

• Progress report?

• Wonky Animations

1 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views

Just wanted to bump this thread as there haven't been any updates to show this problem has been fixed, are there any screenshots showing that the animations have in fact been fixed?

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 2D panels?

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views

To me, I'd always prefer flying from the VC. The list of exceptions to that rule is very small. The quality of VC modelling and texturing across the industry is far superior to what it once was. I'm yet to be disappointed in a VC from a recent (Last 5 years) release.

• Expansion packs and other variants

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views

I think they plan such additions as FMC, other variants and tape gauges. That is franly spoken a must. Also for the last 747 classic flew around were equipped with a TCAS. Much appreciated if they include that as well in an expasnion pack, though people already moan that FMS and TCAS is not classic. I think there are a lot who want such a retrofit 747 classic. It is still not a glass cockpit and is not related to a 747-400!

• FSX and OOM's?

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Virtual cabin?

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views

@Rich Good to know. Save a few frames.

The TLDR was enough.

• Glass Gauge Reflections ?

0 Votes
    2 Posts

At the moment there are a number of visual elements to be added to the VC. Once the PBRs are added you'll start seeing more of these features.

• New screen shots

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views

Definitely!

• Is it Study Level

0 Votes
    16 Posts
    6k Views

"whether or not the toilet fan is operating" WOW. Don't think anyone has done that.
    Jim
    CYWG

• Livery Options

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Night shots?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views

We don't have a specific time frame for when we'll start posting night shots. The work on night lighting should begin later this week though.

• The Alitalia one

2 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views

@Noob21 oh wow, you opened a whole new world to me! Was preatty sure to have checked the whole 747 old fleet, but i was wrong...
    That's a very nice discover to make!
    And anyway, i just thought that having the 200 version in Alitalia livery will not be so difficult... 100 and 200 version had the same dimensions... We can just switch the livery in the most appropriate 200 one (if they have different engine sub-variants), and the game is done...
    Thank you!

• Virtual Cockpit complexity

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views

@Rich I noticed it in the exterior model, but will it also be present in the interior model? If so, great. I always love a plane with a good pax cabin to sit back in on long haul flights instead of the cockpit. Imagining you’re a passenger is such a comfy thing to do, and it’s one of the reasons I love jumbos.

• X-Plane version?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views

@09tir98 Might have.

• Low quality texture.

-1 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views

Thanks for the feedback.

That's primarily a result of the cockpit materials, rather than texture resolution, which are still work-in-progress and not representative of the finished product. We are working on PBR materials and configuring the materials for best effect in the simulator.

Thanks
    Martyn