Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
Collapse
Just Flight Community Forum
  1. Home
  2. Just Flight
  3. MSFS Products
  4. Black Square Add-Ons
  5. Caravan Professional
  6. Has anyone managed a successful windmilling air start?

Has anyone managed a successful windmilling air start?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Caravan Professional
1 Posts 1 Posters 17 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • B Offline
    B Offline
    bocian
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    Hello everyone,

    I've recently trained the airstart procedures with the caravan and while I had no problem with the normal starter procedure, I wasn't able to get the engine running by windmilling alone. I've sticked stricktly to the manuals procedure:

    Generator Switch Trip
    Standby Alternator Off
    Avionics Off
    Air Conditioning / Heat Off
    Emergency Power Lever Normal
    Power Lever Idle
    Propeller Lever Minimum RPM
    Condition Lever Cutoff
    Fuel Cutoff Push In
    Fuel Selectors Both On
    Battery Switch On
    Fuel Boost Pump On
    Aux Fuel Pump Annun Illuminated
    Fuel Press Low Annun Extinguished
    Ignition Switch On
    Airspeed Greater than 100 kias
    Altitude Less than 20,000 ft
    Ng Non-Zero
    Condition Lever Low Idle

    This is the point where the engine should come alive, but it doesn't. NG rises to 20% ish, but ITT stays cool. What am I missing?

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes


    • Login

    • Don't have an account? Register

    • Login or register to search.
    • First post
      Last post
    0
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users