Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
Collapse
Just Flight Community Forum
  1. Home
  2. Just Flight
  3. MSFS Products
  4. Black Square Add-Ons
  5. Starship
  6. Flight model

Flight model

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Starship
3 Posts 2 Posters 207 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • SadBucketS Offline
    SadBucketS Offline
    SadBucket
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I love how the starship feels to fly in the sim. however, there is only 1 thing that bugs me. In all the videos I've seen of one landing, the nose takes a while to come down gently, but in the sim it feels like no matter what I do it slams down really quickly the second the mains are down. I assume this is a side-effect or limitation of how the canard flight model was made to work in the sim. I was wondering if there was any way to adjust the flight model to fix this...

    CPL MIFR 🍁

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Black SquareB Offline
      Black SquareB Offline
      Black Square
      Black Square Developer
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Do you have the "instant beta on touchdown" option enabled. Since the engines are behind the wing on Starship, they provide a parachute-like effect that helps keep the nose wheel off the ground after landing. The real operators tell me that they use this to great effect.

      SadBucketS 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Black SquareB Black Square

        Do you have the "instant beta on touchdown" option enabled. Since the engines are behind the wing on Starship, they provide a parachute-like effect that helps keep the nose wheel off the ground after landing. The real operators tell me that they use this to great effect.

        SadBucketS Offline
        SadBucketS Offline
        SadBucket
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Black-Square yeah, I do. I could be touching down too slow perhaps?...

        CPL MIFR 🍁

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        • Login

        • Don't have an account? Register

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Tags
        • Popular
        • Users