CWS yoke button
-
Hi all, could someone please give me a quick run through or a link to a guide on how the cws button on the yoke is supposed to work? I thought holding it would allow me to alter roll and pitch for the autopilot, but the autopilot seems to fight me when it's held down (the yoke points the opposite way( and as soon as I release it it reverts to the same roll and pitch as before. What am I doing wrong? I'm using the TNS GTN 750, in case that's relevant. Thank you!
-
The native MSFS autopilot doesn't really support CWS, so I've implemented it as a pitch sync instead. Holding the CWS button should allow you to adjust the pitch of the aircraft by hand, and the autopilot will hold this new pitch when you release the button.
-
The native MSFS autopilot doesn't really support CWS, so I've implemented it as a pitch sync instead. Holding the CWS button should allow you to adjust the pitch of the aircraft by hand, and the autopilot will hold this new pitch when you release the button.
Hello mate. Sorry to revive this.
Is this implementation tied to the Sync FD command in the MSFS controls section like it was on the Duke?
I recall there was an EFB setting for it which is absent for this version.
-
Hello mate. Sorry to revive this.
Is this implementation tied to the Sync FD command in the MSFS controls section like it was on the Duke?
I recall there was an EFB setting for it which is absent for this version.
@tjc CWS works the same in all of my aircraft, and it is not dependent on the "Control AP with Hardware" setting in the Duke. You can either use the
L:var_PilotCwsL:Var, or the nativeK:SYNC_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR_PITCHevent.