Turn on GPS Nav
This is a great aircraft, thank you very much.
I am having one problem though.... and that is how to turn on GPS navigation.
Now excuse me for my ignorance, as I am probably doing something wrong, but I am hoping it is something simple.
- Created a Simbrief flightplan.
- I loaded the FP into MSFS at the MSFS setup screen. Not actually sure this does anything though.
- I then load up the aircraft. FMS doesn't show anything except the flight number.
- Does the FP need to be in a particular folder (like for the Aerosoft CRJ) for the FMS to be able to see it?
- Once the FMS is loaded with the correct flightplan, how do I 'switch over' from VOR navigation to GPS. Now I know this is a rather simple process in newer aircraft, and the 146 wouldn't have this capability, but was hoping for a simple process.
- On take-off what I tend to do is initially navigate via HDG and then switch over to GPS after take-off. Can't seem to find out how to do this, if it's even possible.
Thanks for your patience and sorry if I sound a bit dumb.
Did you read the manual?
1:- No, you don't even need to download or export from Simbrief as the 146 can get it from Simbrief itself
2:- You need to enable "GPS" flight, or R NAV. There is a nice little button for this:
3:- Enable LNAV (lateral navigation)
To load the Simbrief flightplan I recommend this video:
The same process as SB if you really like the MSFS flight plan, but the option below it.