@geordie Hi Geordie.
I am running the latest version of the 146, and my Navigraph cycle is AIRAC 2109. Today day I thought I'd try using the active sky flight plan and putting that data into the FMC. EGPB>TNT>LEE>SAB>ADN>KWL>EGPB. Everything is fine until I input SAB it the gives 2108.2nm. So I tried again but missing out SAB and going from LEE to ADN that's ok. But of course it would not have flown the flight path. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
OK. I think I've found the where was the problem by myself by comparing saved P3D situations: One when I manually prepare the plane for take off and another when using BA46 menu to set take off.
In the saved fxml files , in engine parameters sections the GeneratorSwitch value in my startup files (which were working well with the previous version) was set to False. In the BA46 one it is set to True.
I've started a new flight proceeding as before the update but with fixed Generatorswitch values in the startup fxml file and all is running well now.
It's strange because my startup files are created from a cold & start state but it seems that this cold & start action doesn't initialise the same P3D values than the take off config one.
Firstly, let me thank you for answering my post. The fuel problem. I have always put about 25% extra in. But since your suggestions I have put 50% extra in and the FMC likes it.
The waypoint problem I think is PRO-ATC's fault (more experiments needed to prove it). Today I flew from EGJJ Jersey to EGNX East Midlands. There are only 2 way points on route JSY & BZN then EGNX. I used P3D's default ATC (not realistic enough for me but) I flew most of the flight in LNAV and the FMC liked it. More tests needed to 100% crack this thing. Once again thanks for the help.
Solved it! I have Alpha Bravo throttles and I had not made the speed brake/lift spoiler sensitive enough and it was ever so slightly out. But all good now. Still have not figured the FMC out.John Caselton
Some other issues, (which admittedly could be operator error) no distance to run, I couldn't insert a Direct to properly with waypoints missing so tried to circumvent it by typing in the waypoint in sequence with another DTO clearing the double up.