When can we expect to fly the turbocharged version of the Arrow 3?
Hi all here at JustFlight.
As almost everyone around here, I'm another happy owner of a virtual Piper Arrow 3 and I am very happy with it. The plane does fly really well, doesn't seem to have any noticeable impact on performance and the systems, although being quite basic, are very well modeled.
Yet, due to the problems with the icing in the simulator (unrealistic build up time and inability to remove the effects from affecting the planes performance), I'm quite forced to use custom weather to fly at some high altitude/cold places.
I am eagerly awaiting the release of the turbocharged version of this plane as I'm hoping the increased performance will allow me to go well above cloud layers (or at least increase my chances of doing so), so I was wondering when is it planned to be released.
Also, I don't know if someone could point out the main differences we might encounter compared to the current normally aspirated version of the Arrow 3.
Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!
Just like in the real world, planes not certified for FIKI should not be flown when such conditions are present or even possible. Can't tell you how often we scrubbed the flights for the day in winter back in flight school, it's just a reality of GA. That aside, I think I remember JF saying roughly 3-6 weeks after first Arrow, all the issues found since first release they wouldn't want to carry into the turbo, I expect they'll want to get the fix list small or down to low priority items before considering turbo sale
@sluflyer06 not that the icing conditions in the sim are accurately simulated so that I'm happy with the consequences of it, but I get your point.
Anyway, this is a sim and, unlike in real live, I can just change the weather if I really don't feel like waiting "in the ground".
Just having a blast flying this little bird and looking forward to fly the big brothers...
while true regarding having to scrub GA flights (that 0°C isoterm is truly depressing where I live this time of year), I do believe the icing is overdone. You just gather ice too fast for the conditions. Source: Having spent a fair amount of time watching ice build on wings and spinners while doing low level work in the subarctics (in an aircraft equipped with A/I, mind you - still something that certainly got and kept our attention).
I do not know if this is on the MSFS side of things though or if it is within the scope of what JF can alter.
or if it is within the scope of what JF can alter.
It definitely isn't. It's just Asobo/MS able to fix it.
I for one will be happy to be able to simply disable it. I wouldn't miss it, even if it's not realistic to have no icing at all.
Any news about a possible ETA on the release of the turbocharged Arrow 3 and 4?
As far as I'm enjoying the Arrow3, I can't wait to try the big brothers...
I'm guessing they want to atleast fix the bugs and glitches of the current Arrow, until the Turbo Arrow gets released, otherwise these issues probably would just be carried over.
Anyway I would also just like an update on the current development status.
@Gemini I honestly don't think there are that many problems now after the two patches... few more things that needs to be polished and some related to current MSFS behavior, so not exactly at JustFlight side...
As a software developer myself, I don't think waiting until everything is perfect and there are virtually zero issues with the previous product to be a good strategy... besides, folk needs to know when can they expect to have this piece of software released...
I don't think they are "waiting", it's just that they probably shifted the resources to get the PA-28R fixed first (especially in the flight model there are still some quirks to be ironed out).
Bit of everything really. Yes further work required on the Arrow for the updates and also the Turbo coding work requires a fair bit more time and dedicated research work due to sim limitations around turbocharged engines. So can't give any firm dates just yet other than to say 99% of it is wrapped up and in testing with just that extra bit still being worked on. Few weeks away possibly.
@Voice-of-Reason thank you... that was exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for...
And please don't get me wrong, I'm flying your Arrow exclusively and don't expect to be flying anything else...
@Voice-of-Reason any update on a target date for the release of the turbocharged version?
There has been an update in the preview section of the website. It’s says it’ll be released in the upcoming weeks...
@anderson Sorry, I missed this. Should be within the next couple of weeks we hope. No guarantees but that's how it's looking currently. Thanks for the interest.