Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
Collapse
Just Flight Community Forum
  1. Home
  2. Just Flight
  3. MSFS Products
  4. Black Square Add-Ons
  5. Commander 114
  6. Spark plugs fooling, is it simulated at all?

Spark plugs fooling, is it simulated at all?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Commander 114
3 Posts 2 Posters 32 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • V Offline
    V Offline
    Voxen
    wrote last edited by Voxen
    #1

    Hi,

    So I flew a lot my Commander since purchase and I never experienced spark plugs fooling yet. Engine run tests always give more or less the same RPM drops on magnetos, with no particular engine rumble due to a dirty plug.

    I tried to let the engine run on ground for one hour full rich, does not change a thing.

    With my A2A Comanche doing that will produce spark plugs fooling pretty fast, that’s why I’m wondering if this is really simulated or not.

    Thanks!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Black SquareB Online
      Black SquareB Online
      Black Square
      Black Square Developer
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      Spark plug fouling has been a staple feature of my aircraft for five years, and can be found in the list of features in every manual or store page. The sounds and added effects are new to the 114, and I've ported them back to all my other reciprocating engine aircraft since. You can look at the spark plug illustrations on the engine visualizer for red to see the amount of fouling, as illustrated in the manual. As long as the cylinders are cold, you should see fouling in a few minutes with full rich mixture and low idle power settings.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • V Offline
        V Offline
        Voxen
        wrote last edited by Voxen
        #3

        Good to know. I’ll do some more tests then.
        And sorry for writing « fooling » instead of « fouling ». English is not my native language, at least I learnt something from this topic 😅

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        • Login

        • Don't have an account? Register

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Tags
        • Popular
        • Users