A300B4-200

27 Topics 125 Posts
  • UPS livery request

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@greg-goodavish said in UPS livery request:

@derek

Said to hear, Derek. I know a ton of pilots still flying P3d V4.5 and 5.0, with no plans to go over to MSFS because of issues with that program. Too bad this aircraft will not be available to us. Good luck.

Sadly, our experience doesn't bear that out. When a solid P3D title goes from steady sales of 25 per week to 3 per month, it is a pretty clear indication that almost everyone has moved elsewhere. P3D has vanished faster than FS2002, FS2004 and XP10 did when a new version of the host game appeared.

• Any development updates?

0 Votes
    30 Posts
    4k Views

Hello guys, just wondering about the development of this aircraft, It's been a long time you haven't said anything. Could you please tell us about how are you going with the development.

• Have references available

2 Votes
    2 Posts

Also, I have recent/current experience beta testing a big, study-level classic airliner (which I wrote the manuals for) so if you need any testers per chance I’m readily available

• JT9D-59A cowl discrepancy

0 Votes
    3 Posts

So, I've done some research and noticed some other issues with the engine. The biggest one is that the right engine has been mirrored from the left, and I presume possibly the pylon as well. This might also be an issue with the CF6 and should be reviewed, as the engines should be translated over. All the additional inlets and accessory ports are always on the same side of the engine, regardless of the side they are on. This includes the bottom vent which is placed improperly, being on the opposite side as a result of being mirrored, instead of the same side respective to the engine.
    alt text
    alt text
    Additionally, it can be seen in various images that there appears to be no case of an A300 that has the extended bit of the exhaust nacelle on the rear, which was present on the DC-10 and 747 with identical engines. I am not sure why that is the case, it's just what every image I can find shows, so if that bit could be tweaked in the model and lopped off, it would look much better. In addition to that, the upper and lower vents in the middle of the nacelle seem abnormally wide, and would likely be 2/3-1/2 that width.
    Finally, the bump map certainly needs updating, and G-MKGA at EGBP is present with JT9D-70A engines(visually identical in nacelle) and is being broken up soon and would be an excellent reference for rivet patterns for -70A and -59A JT9Ds.
    33790_1624635950.jpg
    I mean no undue criticism with this, I merely am a fairly pedantic person when it comes to this and am happy to provide references to otherwise unknown information that may have been missed by the dev team. And if any of these issues have already been fixed behind the scenes, then pay this no mind.

• Improper cargo door opening angle

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Maybe before Christmas?

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Repaint Requests

0 Votes
    3 Posts

Brilliant news :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• Any hope in March?

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    1k Views

@Noob21 Yes something like that. :)

• Any progress?

0 Votes
    18 Posts
    2k Views

@Voice-of-Reason Thanks for the reply, keeping my fingers crossed.

• Feature/Sound showcase video

2 Votes
    13 Posts
    2k Views

@Noob21 It's unlikely to prior to Christmas now. That was the plan but more work and updates for the 146 took precedence unfortunately. Early Jan now we hope.

• 2020Q4?

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Weather Radar previews

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • A300 develop progress

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • China Southern Airlines repaint requst

1 Votes
    2 Posts

@ko029 JF will likely paint this when they do the A300-600, which they have plans to do after the A300-200 if nothing comes up and stops that.

• Video footage

0 Votes
    4 Posts

@Voice-of-Reason well I certainly can’t wait, especially if all the switches have the same sound fidelity as the BAe-146.

• MSFS2020?

1 Votes
    2 Posts

@Blaze That's the plan, yes.

• FF and Freigher models

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Iberia Repaint Error

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • A300 Autothrottle?

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views

@Geordie thanks lad, really like the look of it 👍🏻

• SAS Repaint Error

0 Votes
    4 Posts

Thanks, just want to make sure the repaints are of the highest quality, especially the repaint I anticipate the most.