DME Audio ID Not Working
DME Audio no longer works in the present version of the Arrow III or either of the Turbos.
NAV1 or NAV2 ?
NAV1 seems to be bugged for ages and takes audio from the default frequency (110.50) no matter what you tune. Affects pretty much every aircraft, default or 3rd party.
Yes NAV1 Audio ID iheard is actually the audio ID of the NAVAID to which the DME is manually tuned instead of the audio ID of the NAVAID being received by NAV1. It initially defaults to the NAVAID frequency you mentioned. However that can be changed to some other NAVAID by manually setting the DME frequency. I submitted a detailed ticket on this issue some time ago but it may be an issue with the sim code that 3rd party developers cannot presently fix. However NAV2, DME, and ADF audio have been working as expected up through v0.5.2. For some reason I now find DME audio is missing in v0.6.0 and both the new Turbos.
I think I've got this working as much as possible within the sim limitations. Hopefully Asobo will address the ADF volume being controlled by the NAV volume control but in the meantime I've added some workarounds.