Strange behaviour with v1.1.1.6

• Hello,
    I use P3dv5 together with Voxatc, so I set the traffic in P3D to zero and VoxATC creates traffic based on the traffic bgl files present. This has always worked fine. Since I updatet to 1.1.1.6 however, it's different. If I start up the sim and even with VOXatc not running and Traffic slider set to 0, there are already AI planes at the gates. And once VOXatc starts, I get double traffic at some gates.
    Could you tell me how it is possible that AI traffic is present even though the traffic slider is at 0?
    Thanks
    Adrian

• Hi Adrian,

There could be some duplicated traffic files left from when you uninstalled TG 1.1.1.5.

If that's the case they would be in documents/prepar3D add-ons/traffic global/scenery.

Have a look and let me know.

Regards.

Simon B.

• Hello Simon,

I have 4 files in that folder: Traffic_Global_Airlines.bgl, Traffic_Global_myflights.bgl, TrafficGlobalCargo.bgl and TrafficGlobalGA.bgl. Is this not correct? But anyway, even if one of these files is an "old one", would this really explain the behaviour that AI traffic is running with the sliders set to 0?

Thanks
    Adria

• Hi Adrian,

Do you use any other AI programs, or have you done so before?
    Could you check your scenery/world/scenery folder and see if there are any traffic files in that location.

Regards.

Simon B.

• JF Staff

Hi,
    Please try also reducing the GA slider in case some flights are being generated under that system.

• I checked the scenery/world/scenery dir, the only files that could be traffic is trafficboats.bgl and trafficcarriers.bgl. Do these have anything to do with TG? Concerning GA, I also have that slider set to 0. The strange thing is, with version 1.1.1.5, this never happened.
    I also don't use any other AI tool.

• Adrian.

As I don't use voxatc I can only assume that something has gone awry with that program, as there are no other offending traffic files found.

Have you tried to gain answers from them at all?

Another thing I could suggest is to use aifp3 and do a search with that program to see if any other traffic files would come up in an obscure place on your system.

Regards.

Simon B.

• Thanks fpr the reply. I think I will try reinstalling TG next. VOXATC can't be the reason because it works like this:

• reduce AI Sliders to 0
    • start VOXaTC within the sim
    • then VOX atc produces AI Traffic based on the schedules present in the BGL files.
      But since AI traffic is already there, before VOXATC is even turned on, it really can't be the reason. But to make sure, if the first idea doesn't work, I will try uninstalling Voxatc and check again.

Best regards
    Adrian