P3D V4.x DC 8 50 - 70 Fixes
Nicholas5112 last edited by Nicholas5112
It was since 2017 without support, as a buyer and a somehow skilled senior programmer, i made some fixes to leave this product as close as possible to a perfect one, with almost zero bugs (3 open issues with low to none impact) and 70% more FPS.
For now im only targeting P3D V4.x, but i think that it will work on V5 too.
Small update 02/17/21
The patch was send to Just Flight, if they allow the release it will be disponible soon
- Require to be in quality mode, if you use the performance mode you need to set to quality again, no plans to suport the performance mode as i fixed the fps problem now.
- Font may require manual instalation
- Only the lastest P3D V4.x is supported by now, it may require you to use the lastest release due to the SDK used.
- Night Texture incorrect for radio altimeter in some models.
- Glass texture and night texture of HSI was missing.
- Artificial horizon texture on 61 early was missing
- Background texture and night texture was incorrect for the type of instrument.
- FMC buttons animation was corrupted (removed for now to better usability and visual effect).
- FMC was missing text (font included now, it may require manual installation).
- Flight director controls on 73F was not fully sync.
- Poor FPS Performance (raising up to 70% in fps due to new SDK and code improvement).
- FPS was dropping on turns due to excessive single xml files draw calls.
- Corrupted radio frequency button was showing on top of copilot FMC.
- VS indicator on FE was showing wrong VS reading.
- Transponder was not displaying the numbers on 55
- Transponder was not tuning on and off on 53
- In flight reverse was not operational
- Nav 2 Course selector was not fully responsive
- Flight directors now sync in all systems (require fd switch on now in all cases)
- FMC slash button was not working
- External lights were iluminating the cabin
- Friction control was missing in some variants
- Wing flood light effect was missing its flood light
- FMC font size was too big
- Fire agent cover was not opening in some variants
- New callout sounds to make the landing more safe, if you dont want this one's just don't install the panels and you are good to go.
- Complete new light system with p3d dynamic lights, including wing flood light, ground ilumination light and landing lights.
- New smoke system for all variants with optimized code
- Light on cabin missing functions (knobs and switchs that does zero things related to lights) compared to old versions of sim (FSX P3D 1,2,3), allmost all aircrafts port over suffer from the same problem, if i figure out what is causing i will fix, but is common, i also may just sync they all and call it a day.
Small details that you may think that is an issue but it is just how it is.
- Engines just go out in flight, manage the fuel and wont happen, i may post a tutorial on how to do this properly, it is just really very slow to manage but pretty easy.
- On DC 8-53, 55 and 61 early when you try to change the nav frequencies nothing happens (numbers won't change),just select the small (really small LOL) switch on top of if to show the editable standby frequencies.
- On de 73F EADI show the wrong pitch angle, this is due to the low pitch on the ground of the DC 8, it messed up with that gauge, if you want the precision is possible to replace it with annother one, or use the built in compact mode (can be activated on the pedestal).
- Fmc text take some time to show up, this is normal and expected, can be really annoying but at least works.
FPS on turn
New gauge textures
In Flight Reverse
New light system (No more flood into the cockpit)
New landing and wing lights
ftwd last edited by
Wow, sounds fabulous, do you have any plans to make your fixes available on request?
Nicholas5112 last edited by
@ftwd hi, the patch was send to Just Flight, if they allow the release it will be disponible soon, it has some files that may have copyrights and maybe come as a complete new installer, so lets hope that it will pass with no problems.
PeteFly82 last edited by
would be great
Flightmaster76 last edited by
It would be an interesting "service pack"..i don't know why Just Flight can't make this available to download