No one has replied
  • Random loading

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Co-pilot and cabin voice announcement issues

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@wyg I find it somewhat "temperamental" but one thing I find to be necessary at least is to ping the cabin with the take seats for takeoff announcement.

• Disappointing wheel sounds

0 Votes
    2 Posts

@st78bc We'd never heard of this before, nobody had ever mentioned this potential issue so we spoke directly to the sounds engineer. His reply for you:

"I ran a quick test on the latest build of the 146, I suspect there is a good chance this user has the headphone mode enabled in the audio settings. The touchdown sounds are mainly low frequency bump noise with a rattle as it would be in real life. Having the headphone mode enabled lowers all volumes significantly except those of callouts and aural warnings.

Of general note; the sound package is meant to provide a realistic representation of the noises you would hear during a touchdown. Contrary to smaller aircraft, brake noise (i.e. metal screeching) is not simulated as it is inaudible unless there is a material failure which is something that goes beyond the scope of the product."

First thing, worth checking whether you have headphone mode enabled?

• When are we getting a improved FMS system

1 Votes
    17 Posts
    1k Views

Any update on this ?

And any ETA on Avro RJ ?

• MWS Amber warnings

2 Votes
    3 Posts

@flightstrike Thank you for the clarification.

• A few noob questions/issues

0 Votes
    5 Posts

@hama The CTDs only happen with this aircraft. Not sure why. It's the only jet liner I've flown so far, so perhaps it is a matter of the aircraft's complexity vs others that I have flown. That is a total guess though...

• 146-300 QT Cargo door

0 Votes
    7 Posts

@dosendo not a problem. I have since tried this and confirm it fixed the issue for the cargo door. There is no aft passenger in the cargo variant also the air stair will open without the pressure but won’t retract until the pressure is on too

• V speed flip card only in KG.

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@plhought

Thanks

• TMS TO setting

0 Votes
    4 Posts

@huibrecht Also, the TMS takes into account the actual outside temperature. So, if you setup the TMS for a certain temp and the actual atmospheric temp changes, it'll throw it out and compensate for the actual temp.
    A common problem for us, especially on an early morning flight flight in summer.

• Altitude arm issue

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@abcdeflijus Thanks for providing everyone with your solution. Key bindings can cause absolute havoc sometimes.

• Avionics master switch “A” not working

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@b3lt3r I dont know why couldn’t figure that out! I was out of Idea’s! But it was that simple! Thank so much for the help!!!

• No yellow hydraulic pressure rise

0 Votes
    3 Posts

@avionic ah ok didn't know that. That explains it thanks!

• Engine shutdown in climb

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • unreliable vs pitch switch

0 Votes
    7 Posts

@flyforever I believe both methods work - when I climb - I normally do it in IAS mode and will get to the climb rate then engage IAS and finally AP. If I want to change it then use the temp AP release and pitch to what I want then release.

On descent 99/100 I use use and will use the method I outlined first - new alt, VS, pitch control and down I go - normally around 2300fpm which holds around 250kts. That sequence does work equally well for climb (for me).

• Spd bug set through Flipchart

0 Votes
    2 Posts

The orange "speed bug" on the airspeed indicator is just a bug on the instrument and only interfaces with the fast/slow speed deviation bug on the ADI.

However, on many aircraft - the fast/slow deviation scale on the ADI is actually deactivated. Don't know why. Just something I've noticed with some old 146's out there.

It does not interface with the AP or flight director modes to answer your IAS vertical mode question. When IAS mode is selected the pitch attitude of the aicraft is automatically controlled to maintain the airspeed existing at the moment of mode selection.

vAPP is a pretty standard SOP selection so it can drive the fast/slow scale on the ADI, which gives the pilot good feedback when flying an approach.

As for it's use in other phases of flight - it would be up to the operator but set it as you see fit!

Patrick

• Thrust on cruise

0 Votes
    6 Posts

The typical method to set cruise on the 146 with the TMS was SYNC #1 N1 & TGT modes both on.

You then dial in a cruise TGT - and the #1 engine would then go to that set EGT.

The other engines will now sync with the #1 N1 - avoiding harmonic irregularities in the cabin - and forgo trying to set the TGT.

The TGT between engines would be markedly different in some cases (particularly #1 & 4 vs 2 & 3) so using TGT sync only wasn't typical in cruise.

Patrick

• Engine Performance in cruise

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Pitot heater

0 Votes
    4 Posts

Hi Fori,

There is some confusion here. Your Pitot heater isn't frozen.

The AIR LO TEMP annunciator means the temperature in the wing and tail anti/de-ice air supply ducts is low. This is usually because of insufficient air-flow.

In your picture your ENG AIR supply switches are off - the APU air is not sufficient for ice protection.

It is usually not required to run the inner-wing de-ice at the same time as the outer wing/tail anti-ice. This is because in the decent through icing conditions the engine air flow is usually not sufficient at lower powers.

When flaps are extended beyond flaps 18 then you would utilize the de-ice, along with use of engine air. Speedbrake is handy in this case for keeping engine speeds up sufficient to provide sufficient bleed-air flow.

Just many of the plates you have to spin/juggle flying a 146/RJ!

• Question about FMC/EFB on tablet

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied